• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bug out to the hills.

Gun confiscation = Invasion . I hope and pray no matter who is elected that this never happens. We've give in on enough. Kill your babies , forget anatomy , and vote commie if you want libby but it'd be best for everybody for you to forget taking our guns PERIOD
I live in the country thank God! But I hate to tell you they already took our guns in the backass way. Ammo shortage? Primer shortage? No, they took our guns by slow attrition. Think the 22 shortage...new shooters, kids, days of easy learning are over. No new shooters, no ammo... Attrition!

I live in the country thank God! But I hate to tell you they already took our guns in the backass way. Ammo shortage? Primer shortage? No, they took our guns by slow attrition. Think the 22 shortage...new shooters, kids, days of easy learning are over. No new shooters, no ammo... Attrition!
The easiest way to inact gun control isn't gun control but ammo control. Just make ammo too costly or unobtainable and avoid all that pesky 2nd amendment legal difficulties.

While in theory bugging out to some remote location might sound great on paper, the need for it is likely slim to none. What are the chances of looters/rioters/idiots going through the middle class suburbs outside the perimeter? Is there or has there been any of the violence in those areas? (With that said, if you live in the inner city, your chances may be increased).
I'm in the metro suburbs. I can tell you that some type of riot entering this area would be met with some pretty hard resistance. I don't think the "thugs" or whatever you may call them would try to do something so bold. The local police force would step in, the military, not to mention a bunch of redneck folk defending the area. It wouldn't last long! This isn't the walking dead fellas.

In my humble, useless opinion:
1. you shouldn't live in the hood inner city, where nonsense has already happened.
2. you should have something or multiple somethings to protect against an attack (and know how to use them)
3. stock up on enough food, water, reserve power (IE: generator and lots of fuel on standby).
4. know your neighbors and what skills / supplies / etc., they bring

--- and many are correct, imo, about the ammo thing. Don't ban the guns, make the ammo hard or impossible to obtain. Long ago my father said this.........(back in the 90s), they won't take the guns, they will make the ammo hard to get, super expensive, etc. Heck, california started this years ago! The smart folks bought a bunch back in the day, or learned how to reload and stocked up on supplies.

oh well, what the "blank" do I know. :)

You'd better already have a place set up and a relationship with your neighbors.
I doubt refugees will be welcomed with open arms.

All roads will be blocked by downed trees.
Commie government loving tools will try to set all the forests on fire.
Any outsiders will be kicked out and told to keep walking.
People will shoot you for flinching wrong way.

If the woods of North Georgia seem like they have plenty of resources now --deer and other wild animals in abundance, lots of firewood available just for the picking, and plenty of trees to fell and chop up ....

.... consider that these conditions won't exist three months after the doomsday scenario.

Locals who are experienced hunters will ignore seasons, hunting license requirements, and bag limits.
And poachers both locals and city guys driving up north will be jack-lighting deer left and right along all the country roads. Together, they'll kill off all the edible wildlife in a very short time. They will also pick through the woods and get all the available firewood that's easy to get a truck, Jeep, or ATV close to.

Land that nobody has hunted on for many years will suddenly become greatly valued as hunting property by the owners of that land (and their friend & family members).
They will no longer ignore trespassers or hunters who cross property boundaries willy-nilly.

For me and mine, if we can make it to a very remote location on high ground, there should not be any one already there for us to worry about. Once we are set up, if someone comes in our area and I do not know them they will be fertilizer for the spring crop. I believe if the world has gone that bad it will be every man for himself, I already trust few people in a SHTF situation I wouldn't trust my own extended family.

Flatlanders will not be welcome in the hills. I come from there and have a place but locals will still treat me a foreigner and suspicious. The city puts a “smell” on you that is hard to rub off and it will be recognized.

Back
Top Bottom