• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bug out to the hills.

I dont think property owners are going to be to cool about strangers squatting on their property. I wouldn't. Id ask them to leave. If they won't, they'd be shot
Yes and no to that. I think it's dependent upon what you could contribute to a like minded landowner or group. Skills etc that you could offer in return for common survival or safety. A medical doctor would be welcome but a stock broker maybe not. If you're an asset or just a mouth to feed would make the difference. Just because you have weapons may not even matter because there's likely already crosshairs on your chest. I suggest making a list of what you're bringing to the bargaining table and don't exaggerate because you will be tested, accepted or rejected.

I dont think property owners are going to be to cool about strangers squatting on their property. I wouldn't. Id ask them to leave. If they won't, they'd be shot
Yes and no to that. I think it's dependent upon what you could contribute to a like minded landowner or group. Skills etc that you could offer in return for common survival or safety. A medical doctor would be welcome but a stock broker maybe not. If you're an asset or just a mouth to feed would make the difference. Just because you have weapons may not even matter because there's likely already crosshairs on your chest. I suggest making a list of what you're bringing to the bargaining table and don't exaggerate because you will be tested, accepted or rejected.

As a rural property owner I would say you are absolutely correct. There is a lot of government land in GA, people can bug out there but be ready for some hard living. Watch a Les Stroud video or two before you go.

This is also very correct. These relationships would best be established though, prior to the excrement contacting the air moving device.

bug out to the hills,in georgia thats a bad idea,especially if you don't already own land or have a place to bug out to,even then you will be contending with others heading that way.
look at any given weekend at all the traffic that heads north.(400)
i remember the traffic fiasco when the solar eclipse happened.
a lot of those roads,forest service roads are easily blocked,think trapped.
i remember one weekend when i went up to charlie creeks to soot some pics of waterfalls and there was a contingent of jeeps(i counted 22) on that road blocking it and they weren't moving.
your best way,unless there are a million screaming chineses coming your way,is forming groups hunker down and make it look like you don't have anything worthwhile to take.
numerous conversations with people that were in bosnia in the early 90's made me rethink survival strategy.
there is a blog done by one individual who survived that ****storm and his insight is worthwhile to take note of.

bug out to the hills,in georgia thats a bad idea,especially if you don't already own land or have a place to bug out to,even then you will be contending with others heading that way.
look at any given weekend at all the traffic that heads north.(400)
i remember the traffic fiasco when the solar eclipse happened.
a lot of those roads,forest service roads are easily blocked,think trapped.
i remember one weekend when i went up to charlie creeks to soot some pics of waterfalls and there was a contingent of jeeps(i counted 22) on that road blocking it and they weren't moving.
your best way,unless there are a million screaming chineses coming your way,is forming groups hunker down and make it look like you don't have anything worthwhile to take.
numerous conversations with people that were in bosnia in the early 90's made me rethink survival strategy.
there is a blog done by one individual who survived that ****storm and his insight is worthwhile to take note of.

link to articles? id be interested to read

As a rural property owner I would say you are absolutely correct. There is a lot of government land in GA, people can bug out there but be ready for some hard living. Watch a Les Stroud video or two before you go.

I live in rural. People I know aren't gonna allow trespassers.

My wife is a 24yr ICU nurse. Im a welder and farmer. Ill have friends here if something happens. I wont be accepting any strangers. No matter what they can do

I keep the camper stocked and the generator tank full, if it ever gets that bad we'll load the gun and ammo and travel for about 15 minutes till we are safe and cuddly snuggled into our predestined location and promptly down trees along the tiny drive into the spot, adjacent to a River, for water and fish for additional food. Like minded individuals will be there as well, I just happen to be the closest and will pick the best spot since we'll be the first in..

First in, you kidding?
I'm already there!:becky:

Back
Top Bottom