• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bug out to the hills.

If the woods of North Georgia seem like they have plenty of resources now --deer and other wild animals in abundance, lots of firewood available just for the picking, and plenty of trees to fell and chop up ....

.... consider that these conditions won't exist three months after the doomsday scenario.

Locals who are experienced hunters will ignore seasons, hunting license requirements, and bag limits.
And poachers both locals and city guys driving up north will be jack-lighting deer left and right along all the country roads. Together, they'll kill off all the edible wildlife in a very short time. They will also pick through the woods and get all the available firewood that's easy to get a truck, Jeep, or ATV close to.

Land that nobody has hunted on for many years will suddenly become greatly valued as hunting property by the owners of that land (and their friend & family members).
They will no longer ignore trespassers or hunters who cross property boundaries willy-nilly.
Flatlanders will not be welcome in the hills. I come from there and have a place but locals will still treat me a foreigner and suspicious. The city puts a “smell” on you that is hard to rub off and it will be recognized.
I think that would apply to anyone you haven't known for years no matter where you were

I keep the camper stocked and the generator tank full, if it ever gets that bad we'll load the gun and ammo and travel for about 15 minutes till we are safe and cuddly snuggled into our predestined location and promptly down trees along the tiny drive into the spot, adjacent to a River, for water and fish for additional food. Like minded individuals will be there as well, I just happen to be the closest and will pick the best spot since we'll be the first in..

Well what's going to happen when the other members of your survival group show up after you, but you've already blocked the road / driveway by dropping trees across it??
they will be SOL,
roflemotion.gif

I keep the camper stocked and the generator tank full, if it ever gets that bad we'll load the gun and ammo and travel for about 15 minutes till we are safe and cuddly snuggled into our predestined location and promptly down trees along the tiny drive into the spot, adjacent to a River, for water and fish for additional food. Like minded individuals will be there as well, I just happen to be the closest and will pick the best spot since we'll be the first in..
You do realize that blocking others out means you have also blocked yourself in
if you need to evacuate quickly?

We always plan on bugging out to some remote location if TSHTF. How do we know that we will be welcomed when we get there? The rural areas probably won't be as welcoming as some think. Triple the population, a strain on resources, who to trust. Just looking for opinions.
Find a rural piece of property now and start planning. You can always sell it later if you don't need it. Beteer to plan ahead.

Back
Top Bottom