• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bug out to the hills.

I have land, that’s considered the hills, within 30 minute drive of minor roads that I could easily get to, but I would hunker down unless that was not feasible. One day if I have time and resources to build shelter, with some solar power and a greenhouse there, it would make sense. But until then it would be better to stay put.

I plan to stay where I am and defend it if necessary. I've worked the land for 30 years and have established fruit trees, vines, and bushes that produce during a long growing season as well as a large garden area. If I had to pack up and leave, I would just become another refugee.

When I started working my land for my vegetable garden, it was gumbo clay, a slick blue marl. It took many years of applying compost, fertilizers, soil amendments, and soil testing to make productive soil that tills deep. Tilling by hand is very labor-intensive- you guys need to count the cost on that one. In the early days with a young family, I did it for several years until I could afford to buy a large tiller.

I already live in the boondocks. I know my neighbors, I’ve got a generator, stabilized fuel, a siphon pump if needed, a couple months worth of food, and enough guns and ammo to get more from wherever I need. I’m on a well but I’m a hundred yards from the lake where I have all the fish I can eat and water I can carry.

I can tell you if the SHTF, unknown cars and people won’t be welcome in our little “one way in, one way out” community. Most of my neighbors are just like me.

That’s assuming I survive phase 1 which involves me and a couple good old boys In side by sides looting the local liquor store.

I am in for some good reading!
If you havent read those and are interested, i will send them to you. They are a good series. 3 books....not sure you could call it a series .....but anyway. Lol.
The first one is called “One Second After“ then “One Year After” & “The Final Day”
They are really good reading. Gives you kind of an idea of what living after SHTF is going to be like.

Send me a pm with name & address and i will box them up and ship them off to you.

I already live in the boondocks. I know my neighbors, I’ve got a generator, stabilized fuel, a siphon pump if needed, a couple months worth of food, and enough guns and ammo to get more from wherever I need. I’m on a well but I’m a hundred yards from the lake where I have all the fish I can eat and water I can carry.

I can tell you if the SHTF, unknown cars and people won’t be welcome in our little “one way in, one way out” community. Most of my neighbors are just like me.

That’s assuming I survive phase 1 which involves me and a couple good old boys In side by sides looting the local liquor store.
You need more food . At least 6 mos worth. Sounds like you are set up better than most folk

Aim for a years worth of food plus enough ammo to defend to yourself from all and I mean all... If you don't need the ammo it will like currency

Back
Top Bottom