• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bug out to the hills.

Where I got to with prepping several years ago is that it is pretty much useless unless you live your prep life. There is no way you are going to amass everything you need in the city or the burbs and be ready to haul it all to the sticks at a moments notice. You have to have a place to go already set up. I have a second home in a rural area an hour away from me. It's not much but the neighbors are likeminded and my family can live there comfortably if need be. There are a few things I would like to do out there to be a little more self-sufficient and hopefully we can sell the place in the burbs and move out there within the next five years. As mentioned above, if I'm on foot with a backpack it's pretty much past the point of no return.

My advice would be to start integrating into the rural area you are looking to run to now. Go to a church there, shop at the local feed store and hang out a bit. Prove yourself a man of worth, character and skills, such people are always welcome. Sufficient people to farm, fix equipment and provide security will likely be needed in rural areas.
If you are afraid of work, expect others to take the risk or are looking to steal or freeload, stay out of NW GA please.

Back
Top Bottom