• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Biggest fish or creature in the wild YOU ever saw ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave it to a computer PI to run to snopes for the "facts".

These LARGE fish tales originated in the Appalachian area after the TVA flooded the area years and years ago long before you and snopes, son.

It is more than you have put up in support of your claim.

Leave it to a computer PI to run to snopes for the "facts".

These LARGE fish tales originated in the Appalachian area after the TVA flooded the area years and years ago long before you and snopes, son.

Here is a newspaper article from my home town paper in 1978. If this crappy story is online, surely a story about catfish with eyes the size of dinner plates is too.

main.abqjournal.netdna_cdn.com_wp_content_uploads_2013_10_AbruzzoJournal1_873x750.jpg

You claim your story is well documented and true.....well show us where it is documented.

And of course, we all know that Snopes is a left wing conspiracy dedicated to covering up the truth and protecting secret Muslim presidents and the Roswell crash.

It is more than you have put up in support of your claim.

I don't have to support my claim. It was a report I read before the age of computers, snopes, and social media. It supposedly happened early in the century and the location it originated at was Boone Dam in Blountville TN.

I wasn't there when it happened, I wasn't alive when it happened but a TVA report was written about it and I read the report during a guided tour by the Park Service in the area when we were scuba diving.

Last edited:
I don't have to support my claim. It was a report I read before the age of computers, snopes, and social media. It supposedly happened early in the century and the location it originated at was Boone Dam in Blountville TN.

That's crazy since the dam wasn't built until 1952. Time traveling giant catfish even.

Biggest animals I have ever seen was on my trip to Alaska/Canada. A Mature Bull Moose, a huge Humpback Whale, and not the biggest, but definitely the scariest was a huge ass Brown Bear on Kodiak Island.

I saw a fish off a pier in Boone Lake in TN not far from the dam one well lit full moon night as we were fishing with the luminescent glow lights. It was the size of Cadillac, one of the old Cadillacs.
Years earlier some Navy Divers inspecting the dam "felt" something watching them work at the base of the dam. They said they turned their flashlights and saw an eye the size of a dinner plate watching them just feet away. One diver almost panicked at the sight of this giant fish he said could gulp you down whole. Both NAVY divers swore they'd never inspect that dam again. they both claimed it was the biggest fresh water fish they'd ever seen or imagined could exist.
One of my older friends is a Navy diver, those guys are hardcore.
I'm wondering if the fish I saw that night was the same one and if anyone has ever heard of such a thing ?
The story with the NAVY divers is documented, it's factual.

The Boone Lake story is documented. Fish that big do exist.

This big sucker here had a missing man inside him
http://shanghaiist.com/2007/08/11/amazingly_huge.php

I've also always heard the stories being raised around those giant lakes in the hills of TN. But those guys were NAVY divers, these guys are used to going deep and seeing unusual stuff. To see a fish as big as the one the they described could be the story all the others are based off of. as I said, THAT story is documented. What I saw that night I have no idea other than I did see something very big that was alive. could it be bigger in my mind than it was in reality ? Yes, I won't deny that but my memory of it is clear and I stopped swimming in it. I've scuba dived in Watauga Lake because it was crystal clear and clean and never saw anything like what I saw that night, but Boone because was too cloudy and dirty for my comfort levels.

I wasn't there when it happened, I wasn't alive when it happened but a TVA report was written about it and I read the report during a guided tour by the Park Service in the area when we were scuba diving.

so earlier you are telling us all about this factual documented fish story... and now you state that there is no documentation because it was all before the internet... and then we went from "Documented-factual" to "Supposedly" and you don't have to support your claim...

Am I pretty much on the mark here?

so earlier you are telling us all about this factual documented fish story... and now you state that there is no documentation because it was all before the internet... and then we went from "Documented-factual" to "Supposedly" and you don't have to support your claim...

Am I pretty much on the mark here?

nevermind the fact that the largest eyeballs in the animal kingdom can be found on the giant squid and are you guessed it, 10'' in diameter or "the size of dinner plates." Catfish on the other hand have proportionally small eyes so in order for one to have eyes the size of dinner plates it would have to weigh in at several thousand pounds. Much larger than the 160' deep Boone reservoir could sustain, and much larger than any DOCUMENTED cat fish anywhere in the world.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom