• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Biggest fish or creature in the wild YOU ever saw ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I had a nickle for every time I've heard this story. The first time I heard it was when I was a kid back in the 70's during the CB craze. I talked with more than one diver who did repair work on locks in the Ohio River around Louisville who told me the same. I have heard the same stories countless time over the years. No doubt these guys have come across some monster kitties, but I think the size gets embellished in the excitement.

I can't blame them though. If I were diving on a dam and brushed against a 60 Blue kitty I'd soil my drawers as well. And it's size would have grown to 300 pounds by the time I got out of the water.

I've heard the same story about the dam at lake Burton.

Only story i can remember is when i want real young 3rd or 4th grade and there was a pond with a little bit of marsh in the back where we would fish. One day me and a friend were down there and their was a creek that flowed into the pond. We could have sworn we saw a gator come swimming into the pond. We both took off running after that and i don't think i ever went back there again.

Land... I was sitting fishing at red feather lakes in Colorado, a Full grown moose walked up behind me.
He stood there like "Aww, hey, Just came by to see what was going on."
then wandered off...

Coolest thing ever

Saw a 3' Flathead pulled out of Kentucky resevior
THAT was a fishfry!

The Boone Lake story is documented. Fish that big do exist.

This big sucker here had a missing man inside him
http://shanghaiist.com/2007/08/11/amazingly_huge.php

If the Boone Lake story is as well documented as the "big sucker here had a missing man inside him", then I question your idea of documentation. It's a Whale Shark (small one), not a catfish and I seriously doubt it had anything other than krill and small fish in it's stomach.

Also, the biggest animal I have ever seen in the wild was an Elephant. Up close, personal and pissed off, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom