• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Biggest fish or creature in the wild YOU ever saw ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only been in here for a few days.

You want to what really keeps this site from being truly great, the REAL trouble makers.

Thanks for your assessment of what keeps the ODT from being truly great (whatever that means). I'm impressed you were able to evaluate the site so thoroughly so quickly.

Welcome to the ODT, stick around, it truly is a great place, even though a few of us with "wee balls" are running around. :thumb:

This was supposed to be a post about weird things people have seen.
but every thread I've read where 'trouble' has started it's always the same group of people causing the trouble.
You want to what really keeps this site from being truly great, the REAL trouble makers.

I haven't been called a troublemaker in a very long time.
I just dont think the term "Well documented" means what you think it means...

remember, we live in an age where everything to include your tax records, your HS Yearbook and your old Myspace page are archived on a database somewhere.
If it was ever documented, its been migrated to a server... bet on it.

The story about the divers COULD be fake, it could be TRUE, they could have created the DOCUMENT to invigorate tourism. I know what I read, we didn't have websites like "snopes" to look up everything for us.
I still say it's still the same trouble makers showing their childlike tendencies again. You like to look up facts, look back threads, I've been doing it. It's the same people coming into threads just to start an argument.

The story about the divers COULD be fake, it could be TRUE, they could have created the DOCUMENT to invigorate tourism. I know what I read, we didn't have websites like "snopes" to look up everything for us.
I still say it's still the same trouble makers showing their childlike tendencies again. You like to look up facts, look back threads, I've been doing it. It's the same people coming into threads just to start an argument.

Well Mr Spridel,
I would personally like to take this moment to apologize for any discomfort you may have experienced and to thank you for your very discerning insight and constructive commentary on who the ruffians and troublemakers are.
Your opinion on what makes a proper website is very valuable to us and it is appreciated.
If you would like to send a Message directly to the Moderators, Administrators or the Owners of this website with your valuable input, please press the 'ALT' Key in conjunction with the F4 Key now...
Thank you and have a wonderful day

This is the biggest catfish ever to be reported in the United States. It was reported to be caught in 1914 in none other than tennessee. The fish was said to weigh between 500-800 lbs. 1914, that was before snopes and the internet right?

web.archive.org_web_20110410013149im__http___espn_ak.starwave.bd8ab36456f9307cc8bb260915eb7747.jpg

The thing is, even that picture is assumed to be fake and the fish is actually thought to be about 80lbs. The man standing next to it is actually a card board figure from a cigarette ad.

http://web.archive.org/web/20061108...ory?page=f_fea_catfish_myth-or-fact_TN_Wilson

Biggest I ever saw in the wild would be the 12 to 13 foot gator we pulled up on while fishing on Santee-Cooper in South Carolina.That lizard had been eating good, I believe 2 1/2 men could have laid shoulder to shoulder across the widest point of that thing. He spun off his little island when the front of the pontoon boat got about 8 feet away.He came right back at the boat so I hightailed it to the back real quick.

I read it here on the "interweb" it has to be true!

3 way tie for me:
Humpback whale in Alaska, up close.
School of Orca's in Alaska, 50-100 feet off the port side of a cruise ship for miles.
Mama June in McIntyre Wal-Mart a mile away.

Who wants pictures of #3? :)

P.S. Bald eagles flying around in Alaska like a "regular bird" was jaw-dropping!
Big for a bird, and just majestic, I remember it like it was yesterday and it was 15 years ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom