• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Biggest fish or creature in the wild YOU ever saw ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said there NO DOCUMENTATION. you think every piece of paper ever filed is online ? did I say I was there when it happened ? Did I say I wrote the report ? nope. I said I read a report, it wa a document, hence DOCUMENTED during a guided tour to go scuba diving in Boone Lake given by the PARK SERVICE.
It shows allot about what kind of people sit at their keyboards night after night running from thread to thread with their little groups starting trouble over and over. I've only been in here for a few days and witnessed it twice now in as many days. It's usually the SAME people calling everyone out as liars and whatever suits your goal to make your wee balls feel big.

I never said there NO DOCUMENTATION. you think every piece of paper ever filed is online ? did I say I was there when it happened ? Did I say I wrote the report ? nope. I said I read a report, it wa a document, hence DOCUMENTED during a guided tour to go scuba diving in Boone Lake given by the PARK SERVICE.
It shows allot about what kind of people sit at their keyboards night after night running from thread to thread with their little groups starting trouble over and over. I've only been in here for a few days and witnessed it twice now in as many days. It's usually the SAME people calling everyone out as liars and whatever suits your goal to make your wee balls feel big.

Hey, whatever it takes to make my wee balls feel big. I appreciate your understanding.

nevermind the fact that the largest eyeballs in the animal kingdom can be found on the giant squid and are you guessed it, 10'' in diameter or "the size of dinner plates." Catfish on the other hand have proportionally small eyes so in order for one to have eyes the size of dinner plates it would have to weigh in at several thousand pounds. Much larger than the 160' deep Boone reservoir could sustain.
yeah, boone isn't just a reservoir, it's a very large lake/river system. Some places are over 500 feet deep. I didn't say it was a Catfish that those divers saw, i didn't give any indication as to what type of fish it was. I personally assume if it DID happen it was a catfish. I posted that Chinese post to show that large fish do exist in reservoirs not as an example of the fish in Boone Lake.
For someone that likes to throw FACTS around you and your keyboard commando friends should follow your own advice.

nevermind the fact that the largest eyeballs in the animal kingdom can be found on the giant squid and are you guessed it, 10'' in diameter or "the size of dinner plates." Catfish on the other hand have proportionally small eyes so in order for one to have eyes the size of dinner plates it would have to weigh in at several thousand pounds. Much larger than the 160' deep Boone reservoir could sustain, and much larger than any DOCUMENTED cat fish anywhere in the world.

but but but its soooo well documented!

I remember when I moved out to Bardstown KY, all of the locals used to tell me about the flatheads the size of a Cadillac swimming in the Ohio... it was true! Because sure as hell, someones cousin who's a firefighter/police officer/park ranger/rescue diver/ public pool life-guard saw it with his own eyes! and the vicous man-eating catfish did something miraculous and they "jess barrly got out witt der liiiives..."

:lol:

yeah, boone isn't just a reservoir, it's a very large lake/river system. Some places are over 500 feet deep. I didn't say it was a Catfish that those divers saw, i didn't give any indication as to what type of fish it was. I personally assume if it DID happen it was a catfish. I posted that Chinese post to show that large fish do exist in reservoirs not as an example of the fish in Boone Lake.
For someone that likes to throw FACTS around you and your keyboard commando friends should follow your own advice.

That "Chinese post" wasn't a large fish in a reservoir, it was a hoax and was actually a whale shark as the article states at the end.

As far as how deep Boone lake is, you are correct, I was wrong, it isn't 160 feet deep. The damn is 160'. According to TVA the maximum depth of Boone is 129 feet at maximum pool with an average depth of 44 feet.

http://www.lake-maps.com/lakeinfo/tennessee/boone/info.htm

This was supposed to be a post about weird things people have seen.
but every thread I've read where 'trouble' has started it's always the same group of people causing the trouble.
You want to what really keeps this site from being truly great, the REAL trouble makers.

Look, I have no doubt that you heard the story about Boone lake and the Navy Divers growing up. Just like I heard the same store about Elephant Butte Lake and Navy Divers growing up, just like native Georgians probably heard the same story about Bufford Dam and Carters Lake. The point that everyone was trying to make was that story has been told over and over about every lake in the country, hell probably the world. It is an urban legend. Like your story it is always "documented" yet nobody ever can produce any documentation.

Ok - biggest creature I ever saw in the wild was an American Crocodile in Costa Rica on the Rio Tarcoles

Not my pic, but I have a few I can post later

www.adventuretourscostarica.com_images_tours_The_Crocodile_Tou950bd0b6b41761fcb5a6029de572023a.jpg

Cool thing is... TN, KY... pretty much everyone has their "Documentation" Stored on a server somewhere now...

for example:
The LARGEST catfish ever caught in TN was 130lbs.

that's documented
http://www.tn.gov/twra/fish/FishRecTbl.html
Blue Catfish 130 lbs (l) Ft. Loudoun Reservoir J.C. Garland December 18, 1976 Bill Norman
Richard Reagan

they even have it in PDF format if you prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom