• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any of you lesbians got experience with Subarus?

Turns out I'm a lesbian too. :tongue:

Relatively new to Subaru (only since 2013) but we own a 2012 Forester and 2015 Outback and they are both currently at about 145,000 miles on each of them.

Besides the normal replacement items like fluids/filters/spark plugs/brakes/tires/batteries they've been rock solid. I did just have to replace an original coil pack on #2 cyl due to a skip on the Outback and it was $115 at NAPA.

As mentioned you will need to check and top oil off more frequently as the horizontally opposed design of these engines inherently burns oil.
I would also advise you avoid the 6 cyl model. Not much is gained in the HP department and its MPG sucks. The 2.5L 4 cyl is more than adequate for these cars imho and yield a solid 27-29 mpg.
I can't comment on a turbocharged model but personally I prefer a normally aspirated engine for the application we're talking.

I have a 2011 Outback. 200k + miles. I have had no trouble with it at all other than normal maintenance stuff. I do most if not all the work myself. They use a little oil. No head gasket issue on mine. Only transmission trouble I had was that I had to replace the shift solenoid (did it myself in the garage, but the part was $700 or so if I recall). Did the same job on an explorer. Anyway, couldn’t be happier with it.

Our 2013 outback has about 130,000 on the clock. I really don't like the car. It drinks oil. The CVT leaves a lot to be desired. The ride is junk. Its very utilitarian. It will get you from A to B.

Haven’t had many major issues but it always feels like its at the end of its life. It had bad misfiring issue that we had fixed. And it sounds like diesel on cold start. Of the cars I have previously owned this is at the bottom of the list.

We are in the market for a new car as well and while I cant speak to the new ones this one has certainly left a bad taste in my mouth. Do a thorough test drive before you commit

We have a 2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring - that was the top of the line Outback when we bought it - last year for the 6 cylinder motor. 54000 miles or so - no issues. It is my wife's car and we bought it to be our "swiss army knife" car for our lifestyle - wanted something for bad weather when we lived in Canton but now long gravel driveway in middle GA. Drove it to South Dakota for a 2 week vacation - prairie dog hunting followed by all the SD tourist sites - and it did great. Has all the safety features with the "eyesight" system and we appreciate that capability. Appreciate the AWD when weather gets sloppy with rain. Our first Subaru and definitely would look at another Subaru.

I have a 2000 outback with 197k. 5 speed that I have had for 4 years. It has been an awesome vehicle. I have been all through wmas, hauled deer, and back my Jon boat down in the river. They are easy to work on at least mine is. I just did the timing belt, water pump, plugs, valve cover gaskets, and coil. I also put new cv axles in it last year. I have really enjoyed it I will hate to see it go when I sale it. I just recently got an F250 because of work. They make fine vehicles for hunting and such. It all boils down to how well you stay after maintenance l like most vehicles.

Back
Top Bottom