• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any of you lesbians got experience with Subarus?

Forgot to also mention…. While stationed at Damneck, VA we bought a 1970 Subaru all of $1200 brand new! Under the hood was this ting motorcycle engine. I don’t recall the HP but it couldn’t get out of it’s own way floored. My Challengers lug nuts had more torque…

I'm not sure what year Forrester you are looking at but you mentioned the XT (turbo) so I am guessing its 2018 or older. They are for the most part reliable cars, almost everyone of them drink oil, so get used to checking it on a more regular basis than you are used to. They have a few quirks that you accept for owning them, (replacing 4 tires if you damage one is one of them).

Find an independent Subaru mechanic near you... or find one within a respectable driving distance, dealer repair is off the charts at Subaru when things break, and other independent shops unless they have owned one or work on a few, are not that comfortable with the boxer engine.

If you don't already, change your own oil, if you take it to an oil change shop, eventually they will drain your transmission fluid and overfill your oil. (the boxer layout confuses them)

My parents have had 4 and still have 2. They’ve put lots of miles on them and never had an issue. I enjoy driving them honestly. They ride and drive great. Awesome safety scores as well. I’ve considered buying one now in order to have it paid off and broken in nicely by the time my daughter starts driving.

Some years/models are subject to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) failing. It can cost up to $4k to replace.
There are multiple posts on the Subaru owners forums about the issue.
Yeah the cvt is probably the top of the list of reasons I’m hesitant. I’ve heard they’re pretty good but still don’t trust them.

H2O MAN H2O MAN ..yeah I’ve heard to stay away from the 6 cyl. I was looking at the forester xt mostly because..turbo :becky: but also it seems that turbo’d 2.0 is a decently solid engine.

Yeah the cvt is probably the top of the list of reasons I’m hesitant. I’ve heard they’re pretty good but still don’t trust them.

H2O MAN H2O MAN ..yeah I’ve heard to stay away from the 6 cyl. I was looking at the forester xt mostly because..turbo :becky: but also it seems that turbo’d 2.0 is a decently solid engine.
Look at a lightly used RAV4 with a real automatic transmission

My sis and bro in law had 2 at the same time, took the Outback down to Fla, my sis had to visit a chiropractor going and coming, said really uncomfortable on long trips, not noticeable around town.

Back
Top Bottom