• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any of you lesbians got experience with Subarus?

We have two. An 18 and 21 Forrester. The 21 certainly has more plastic than the 18, plus the 21 has that annoying thing where the engine shuts off at idle. It can be overridden but you have to remember to do it every time you start the car Bugs the crap out of me. There are also some things I like better on the 21, but can't recall off the top of my head.. Taken the 18 off road a few times, nothing serious, but never any issues. If you're not rushed for time, I'd look for a low mileage used one.

Is this a thing? Quite literally the first time I’ve heard anything about issues with their AWD going out.

Yep. And as some else mentioned if the diameter of your tires doesn't match it accelerates the issue. So one flat that can't be patched and you're replacing a pair unless you want the AWD to die faster. Not a deal breaker for most, but it's a thing.

Subaru Forester Owners Forum - subaruforester.org
Should find all you need to know there. I picked up a free 2011 Forester with 80K and an intentionally blown engine, shopped around till I found a JDM engine for 2k, a friend installed it and I loved it. AWD was great down on the farm, smooth in heavy downpours and got me 27 mpg. I'd still be driving it if that F-150 hadn't blown the red light and destroyed the front and wrapped part of the frame around the outside of the tire.

I spent some time up North of Seattle. Up there they are know as Lezbaru's. Prior to that I had never heard the term, but on the flip side I have learned to respect and admire their quality and durability. They just lack Panache.

My daughter lives in Boulder CO
She says that 2 out of every 3 cars out there is a Subaru. She swears by her Subaru, and says they are very good in bad weather.
She bought hers’ here in Ga and drove it back there. She the prices of Subarus out there are REALLY jacked up.

Everyone I know that has one loves them. Folks seem to stick with them once they own one. The only issue I have seen is a friend had a flat tire and something about the awd requires having to replace multiple tires if you replace one.
I can personally confirm this… My wife had a tire go and we replaced it with the same size but a different manufacture. When you turned in either direction , the differential banged & cluncked really loud . Took it to the Suburu stealer and the tire was about an inch smaller then the other three. Mind you the only difference was the maker of the new tire. We put The spare tire on and used the other for a spare…. Problem solved…

Back
Top Bottom