• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Acid reflux. Anyone been able to cure it without a lifetime of Tums?

Following; got scoped, hiatal hernia and small ulcer. Just finished Rx cocktails to get rid of stomach bacteria H-pylori. Haven’t drank alcohol for well over a year, now can’t eat red meat. Eating mashed potatoes and cheese sandwiches..... cold cereal..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following; got scoped, hiatal hernia and small ulcer. Just finished Rx cocktails to get rid of stomach bacteria H-pylori. Haven’t drank alcohol for well over a year, now can’t eat red meat. Eating mashed potatoes and cheese sandwiches..... cold cereal..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what about yogurt with the good bacteria?

Had it for years. Take 1 ompeprezale everyday.
Had an endoscopy. Doctor just said I had acid reflux.

I quit dipping, changed my diet, exercised. Took apple cider vinegar. Nothing makes it go away.

I just take my pill and go about my business

I agree, see your doctor is probably the most important. I have had GERD for nearly 40 years and the kind of reflux and heartburn that would take your breath away. I had the complete GI work up with all scoping, the esophagus, the stomach, and even the colon. I had early Barretts Esophagus, hiatal hernia. Started on Protonix,[PPI] a protein pump inhibitor. Works similar to Prilosec [omeprazole] an OTC medication. I tried the Prilosec due to insurance refusing to pay for the prescription labeled drug.I had one of the common side effects migrainous headaches so my doctor let the insurance company pay for a work up for a brain tumor since they wanted to practice medicine HAHAHA, I thought that was kind of funny. Anyway I was allowed to go back to the prescribed drug which by the way stopped all my symptoms like turning off a switch. OTC drugs like Prilosec,Prevacid,Nexium,and Zegerid which is a PPI plus an antacid. These drugs are band aids, Like the guys earlier said see your Dr ASAP. these drugs are w/out their side effects and are not meant as for ever and now on treatment modalities. I know acid reflux can be a very painful embarrassing thing. Back in the day when the wife and I would go out to eat and the waitress would ask smoking or non smoking,I would reply near the restroom because I would inevitably have to regurgitate my meal. Back in those days I rented way more meals than I purchased and kept HAHAHA. But acid reflux is no joke, nothing to laugh at. My Ear Nose and Throat Dr says he diagnoses throat and esophageal cancer way more due to GERD than to smoking, chewing ,and dipping smokeless tobacco. I know this was a lot but acid stomach,reflux all those associated issues can be very serious so PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR.

Apple cider vinegar is legit. Major change to your diet is probably what's needed.
STOP taking antacids, the constant chewing of antacids is one of the absolute dumbest things we do and I used to be guilty myself. The reason you're experiencing heartburn or acid reflux is because the acid in your stomach isn't digesting your food so it's coming back up, basically your stomach acid is weak and can't do it's job and eating all those dumbass antacids may make you temporarily feel better for a moment but it's making your problem worse.

Apple cider vinegar on the other hand is temporarily discomforting but addresses the real issue and will help build up your gut bacteria so you can breakdown and digest food like a big boy.

Nothing to eat at least two hours before going to bed and sleep with your head elevated. That took care of mine that I had for years.

Back
Top Bottom