• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Acid reflux. Anyone been able to cure it without a lifetime of Tums?

Please believe me and please try this when I say it but ginger juice in any given form whether it's been processed and then boiled whether it's put through a juicer or whether you just chop up a bunch and boil it in some water seems to cure everything from me. I have a friend at work who is from the islands and she is our resident witch doctor. Ginger juice has helped me with all sorts of stuff including hyperhidrosis migraines and acid reflux it works

I’ve had is so bad over the years that Dasani water will give it to me. I cut out sweet tea, I’ve noticed that sugar will really make it flare up. The worst thing now I can eat is cooked tomatos. Raw are fine but cooked will wreak havoc on me such as salsa. My dentist also told me that if I didn’t lay off the tums and rolaids that I was going to have serious dental issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you been checked out to make sure it's that and not something else? I had a GP in Chicago that thought I had it but I was actually having "little heart attacks" and didn't know it.

Yes, I have a hiatal hernia and had fundoplication surgery in 2003. He took kool pictures. I don't drink alcohol or smoke. I don't eat a lot of greasy or fried stuff but I do drink coffee and sweet tea.

1. Go see the doctor. Could be something worse.

2. How’s stress in your life?

3. Elevate the head of your bed on bricks.

4. No food at least 2 hours before bedtime.

5. Lose weight if you can.

6. Cut out: caffeine, citrus, alcohol, chocolate, alcohol, tomatoes, spicy food, alcohol, extra girlfriends, sodas and carbonated beverages. If that doesn’t help it after 2 weeks cut out gluten hard core for 2 weeks. If that doesn’t cure it get scoped and take scrip Prilosec and Pepcid for the rest of your life.

2. Stress LOL 20yrs in the service and still working high stress job on the base.
6. extra girlfriends? GTFO are you kidding? Don't have the time or patience.

Get a referral to a Gastrointerologist , have an endoscopy to be sure that you dont have further issues. I have to have one annually.
Avoid tobacco, spicy foods, peppermint, alcohol (my downfall), as has been said wait after eating to lay down.
Grab some gas x or gaviscon as pressure in your belly or lower can push acid upwards.

It sucks, I have had an ulcerated esophagus , you want to avoid this or worse.

Just got scoped both ways and she said she used two scopes which is helpful. Recently I picked something up that weighed about 60 pounds and had pain the rest of the day in my stomach area. Now reflux is back with a vengeance.

Back
Top Bottom