• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Acid reflux. Anyone been able to cure it without a lifetime of Tums?

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
Just wondering if someone has been able to find a way to cure it without taking Tums, Prilosec or Nexium the rest of your life.

What works and what doesn't?

I was eating tums like candy and finally got rid of mine and haven’t had it in years now. Mine was from being fat, I quit drinking sweet tea and dropped 50lbs and haven’t had any issue since. But I also don’t eat the way I did that got me there.
Bingo -
Add in some occasional fasting and let your body truly flush itself out and heal cells as well.

if you are consuming greasy cheeseburgers, wings, fried onion rings, and washing it down with beer , tea , or carbonated soda ...you are asking for it

I don’t know that people get acid reflux from a salad with grilled chicken on it or a protein shake

I was eating tums like candy and finally got rid of mine and haven’t had it in years now. Mine was from being fat, I quit drinking sweet tea and dropped 50lbs and haven’t had any issue since. But I also don’t eat the way I did that got me there.
Just about the same, I used tums every night for years but then it just went away. I still get it sometimes with certain foods but no where near what it was.

Have you been checked out to make sure it's that and not something else? I had a GP in Chicago that thought I had it but I was actually having "little heart attacks" and didn't know it.
Good post - I have a neighbor who thought he was having a heart attack but was proven to be reflux - continual reflux can lead to different types of cancer - diet, weight loss, alcohol intake reduction, sleep position and yes, medicine if required, are necessary.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Stop alcohol and NO food 3 hrs prior to bedtime.

This is what helped me , then for 10 years I had reflux (so the Dr said ) but I did not even feel it .

I ended up with 2 Bad ulcers that are still healing .

I'd say diet change , sleep sitting up as much as possible , Tagamet help's me A-LOT , & Please go see yr Dr , ASAP.

Good Luck & God Bless

Back
Top Bottom