• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Acid reflux. Anyone been able to cure it without a lifetime of Tums?

Apple Cider and Apple Cider Vinegar are 2 different things :) But yeah, what these people are saying. I'm trying to stop the Pepcid complete and Omeprazole, along with chocolate/caffeine/tomatoes/mint. I am trying this:

https://d2d8wwwkmhfcva.cloudfront.n...rge_e8bedc0d-757e-4f15-a51a-ef9a1e73d404.jpeg

You can get it at Publix. Cut it into chunks about the size of a teaspoon. I just let it dissolve over the course of an hour or so before bed, without chewing. I'm also chewing sugar-free gum to create more saliva which negates acid. The final thing I'm doing is sleeping on my left side. That puts the your esophagus on the 'high side' of the stomach, which keeps acid from coming up.

Cut out stress.

Don't eat at least 2 hrs before bed time.

Stay away from anything that flares it up - it can be one thing (greasy fried foods) or a combination of things during the day.

Avoid the pills if you can....
If you or a family member take ranitidine (Zantac) to relieve heartburn, you may have heard that the FDA has found a probable human carcinogen (a substance that could cause cancer) in it.

Just wondering if someone has been able to find a way to cure it without taking Tums, Prilosec or Nexium the rest of your life.

What works and what doesn't?
After I've listen to a video from a Homeopathic Doctor, he said in the video that a lot of stomach problem, including Acid Reflux, he said we can treat ONLY drinking water. Said that instead of drinking coffee or any other beverage in the morning, drink between 600 to 640ml (21 oz of water) of pure water, preferable with a higher PH and drink coffee or eat something else ONLY after about 40 minutes you've drink that water. So, I started about two months ago, as I leave to work around 5 am, I take my big pool of water; I found a jug that shows on the side, the measurement for milliliter and ounce.
Quit sodas, of any kinda and drink more water throughout the day.
I tell you what, I am much, much better. No kidding!

After I've listen to a video from a Homeopathic Doctor, he said in the video that a lot of stomach problem, including Acid Reflux, he said we can treat ONLY drinking water. Said that instead of drinking coffee or any other beverage in the morning, drink between 600 to 640ml (21 oz of water) of pure water, preferable with a higher PH and drink coffee or eat something else ONLY after about 40 minutes you've drink that water. So, I started about two months ago, as I leave to work around 5 am, I take my big pool of water; I found a jug that shows on the side, the measurement for milliliter and ounce.
Quit sodas, of any kinda and drink more water throughout the day.
I tell you what, I am much, much better. No kidding!

I’ve been holding off the bourbon for a few months now, maybe one or two in a sitting but then no more for weeks... heartburn was noticeable when drinking alcohol consistently.

I basically did what you are describing by accident. I dropped coffee, sweet tea, and soda and replaced with water going on 3 months now. Occasionally I will have a soda or coffee but not several glasses or whatever I did prior.

Heartburn is gone, lost some inflammation throughout my body, have a bit more energy, and I pee a lot more often hahaha

Back
Top Bottom