• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

35 Remington Pump Completed

Ok so I glass beaded the tool box wand degreased followed by a wipe down with denatured alcohol. As we speak the action. At assembly has its first coat of Pilkingtons on them. They were degreased and wiped down with denatured alcohol. I have a small room off to side of my garage for storage and it is humid as hell in there. The parts already have turned gunmetal grey. About 30 more minutes and it will be Time to put on the second coat and wait untill it is covered in red rust before the boil.

Loadnplenty, I'm loveing yer energy. Take yer time. If tap water works, great. Mine in Douglassville didn't so I used steam distilled. Here I have double filters on the house and it works fine.

Take yer time....go at least 5 rust and boil cycles. Sometimes up to 12 is needed. Experience will tell you when yer removeing as much rust as yer putting on. Nice thing is you can always disassemble, degrease and rerust in the future with good results.

Pics please. I'm hungry for your experiences.

Loadnplenty, I'm loveing yer energy. Take yer time. If tap water works, great. Mine in Douglassville didn't so I used steam distilled. Here I have double filters on the house and it works fine.

Take yer time....go at least 5 rust and boil cycles. Sometimes up to 12 is needed. Experience will tell you when yer removeing as much rust as yer putting on. Nice thing is you can always disassemble, degrease and rerust in the future with good results.

Pics please. I'm hungry for your experiences.

From here on I will be taking my time lol. I don't want to mess up the blueing. I have today through sunday off. So if all goes well I am hoping to get one carding done tonight. And see ing how I have the rest of the weekend off, possibly between two and four more.

I worked Wednesday and Thursday, that is one reason why I was son hunry for info so I could start today lol

While wait on the rusting here os some pics of the stock with the buttplate painted in ceranic engine paint, satin black. silver areas are just light reflecting. If i don't like how the paint holds up up I can blast it with i do the reciever and remaining parts. And here is the stock with the sling stud and butt plate installed. And last at my trip to Wally Worls to get some jumbo cotton balls I saw these cotton pads. They look large enough to possibly wipe the side of the reciever in one pass hopefully reducing the chance of overlapping the chemical or causing any streaking.

Attachments

• IMG_0671.jpg
    IMG_0671.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0673.jpg
    IMG_0673.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0674.jpg
    IMG_0674.jpg
    488 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0675.jpg
    IMG_0675.jpg
    479 KB · Views: 18
You're doing a good job on that bubba rig. I think once you finish it and see how well it handles shortened down you're gonna keep it. ( Or sell it and use the funds to cut down something else :) )

Depending on how this one turns out I have a Remington 552 speed master made in 1958 also that a blueing job would excellent on. Gunsmith lol I don't think so lol

Back
Top Bottom