• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

35 Remington Pump Completed

Wood looks great. Don't worry over the gouges, they don't show till yer nose up distance. Love it. Hope yer liking the process. Is this yer first? If so, nicely done, skilled and patient. Tell us more soonest.

Wood looks great. Don't worry over the gouges, they don't show till yer nose up distance. Love it. Hope yer liking the process. Is this yer first? If so, nicely done, skilled and patient. Tell us more soonest.

I have played around with a few old 22's with cold blue that had a LOT of rust of them. Refinished with cold blue and got the finish one should expect from it. They went from rusty and functional to functional with no rust lol. I used varnish on the stocks just to cover the scratches. I can't complain though I had $100 in the three of them and had fun playing. Don't remember what happened to them though lol.

This is my first serious project I have taken on my own so to speak.

As a fan of the 760 and .35Rem, I applaud you. Please post the finished product soon.

As soon as I get the action and barrel back I will begin the bluein process.

Thanks for the encouraging remarks so far!!!

Sharps would there be a problem with an aluminum tank to rust blue.

Use steel/iron only

Just out of curiousity and trying to learn, is there a specific reason why on the iron. I have been doing as much reading as possible before starting and have read where some people have used aluminum. Just curious, not trying to be argumentative lol

2 reasons: Aluminum parts are rapidly dissolved by the Caustic hot blueing process and it kills the solution.

With rust blueing, most instruction manuals that come with the products invariably specify steel/iron boiling tank.

2 reasons: Aluminum parts are rapidly dissolved by the Caustic hot blueing process and it kills the solution.

With rust blueing, most instruction manuals that come with the products invariably specify steel/iron boiling tank.

Ok thanks!! I should be getting my order from brownells in tomorrow and plan on reading the directions many times

I don't know how I missed this ongoing project over the last couple of days. It looks really good. I think you are going to be really happy with the short barrel. My last project included a 16" barrel and I love the results. Which rust blue are you going to try? Brownells?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ oops guess I'm a little slow

Back
Top Bottom