• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

35 Remington Pump Completed

I don't know how I missed this ongoing project over the last couple of days. It looks really good. I think you are going to be really happy with the short barrel. My last project included a 16" barrel and I love the results. Which rust blue are you going to try? Brownells?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ oops guess I'm a little slow

I was wondering where you have been since you helped inspire this transformation also lol

So here is the scope that came on the rifle. Other than it is an older 3x9x? Redfield I really know nothing else about it.

Last edited:
Sharps here is a steel tool. It is an older box that is quite heavy. It is long enough to fit my barrel in. If you think this will work my project for tomorrow is bead balst and degease and tack weld an spot that leak. Also it has the metal tray and lid to help hold heat and get the water boiling. I thought I could drill holes and place things that I will not be able to hang such as roll pins in this tray. I am trying to use this to get by with since this is a project and based upon my expierence doing it will determine if I want to invest in a quality tank. What do you think? I think just about everybody has inherited an old steel toolbox from somebody.

Also my thought is in doing this is trying to find things from around the house so if any others like me want to try this they can use things laying around the house. Other purpose would be after the blueing is complete I would be able to keep all blueing tools in one contaner, this one.

Just a thought

Last edited:
I plan on trying loads with Hornadays 180 grain single shot pistol bullet since this rifle is magezine fed. And I we will see how well Hodgdon leverevolution powder works with short barrels.

It definitely looks like you've got a plan. And what you don't have a plan for you improvise nicely. Though kinda big, the tool box looks like it'll work. I did one years ago without a tank by turning the water heater all the way up and rinsing under the tap. I was using a different rust blue solution though. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Have you thought about maybe topping it with a red dot or lightweight low power?

BHJ, the tool box wont have to be filled obviously but it is wide enough that I can lay the barrel and receiver side by side and boil them. While letting them cool and carding I can boil the smaller pieces in the tray. I am trying to think outside the box for things around the house and reduce expense up front. Eventually I would like a 1-4 power scope. Something compact in size. I am not a big fan of red dot sights even though I own one for my tactical AR15

Sharps here is a steel tool. It is an older box that is quite heavy. It is long enough to fit my barrel in. If you think this will work my project for tomorrow is bead balst and degease and tack weld an spot that leak. Also it has the metal tray and lid to help hold heat and get the water boiling. I thought I could drill holes and place things that I will not be able to hang such as roll pins in this tray. I am trying to use this to get by with since this is a project and based upon my expierence doing it will determine if I want to invest in a quality tank. What do you think? I think just about everybody has inherited an old steel toolbox from somebody.

Also my thought is in doing this is trying to find things from around the house so if any others like me want to try this they can use things laying around the house. Other purpose would be after the blueing is complete I would be able to keep all blueing tools in one contaner, this one.

Just a thought

Should work great after cleaned up. Fill it with water first to make sure it don't leak. It'll be great seeing parts hanging suspended in boiling water going from rusty to black. Just need to swipe wifie's hair dryer to help dry off the hot parts after boiling and yer ready to rock.

I think that rifle would be a dandy with a Williams peep personally. I have been lusting for a .35 pump for a while now. Remington 14, 141 or the 76 series...I would shoot cast from it when I got it too. 190gr. Flat meplat gas check? Oh yes. Deer and hog stomper.

Back
Top Bottom