• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Woman mauled by her own pitbull dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Lady!! WOW... RIP!
But, don't blame the Pit-bull, it's all about who owns them and what kind training they have. Even the environment around them can shape their behavior. - I am saying this because I Have One in my house. He is almost 12 years old, and believe me, very sweet old buddy. I've NEVER seeing any sign of aggression out of him. Sure he is very protective, and love my grand-kids so much, that when I am playing with the kids he get in between, like protecting the kids. - So, again, there is more about this story that we don't know!

Why do these news stories always use pictures and videos of pitbulls that had nothing to do with what happened? They just go to Google image I guess and find a bunch of pictures they hope will scare you and draw some emotion out.
Exactly! I thought the same thing Albert!

I had surgery in 2011, and here it is my sweet Duke (his name) pretty much praying for me at my bed side.
DSC_0206.JPG

I like pits that I know. They seem gentle, want attention. But....in my career as a firefighter 90% or more of the fatal/near fatal attacks/bites I went to were pitbulls. Not sure if this is genetic or taught. Nature vs nurture? Not sure.

This makes me wonder...is Lab privilege a thing?
I swear to God it's is! My last pitbull (FatAlbert) was black with a little white on the chest. When people would be nervous around him I would tell them he was a black lab and you could see their guard drop. Was at an outdoor concert with FatAlbert once and these kids were playing with him, their momma (I assume) came running screaming "be careful be careful" she looked at me and asked what kind of dog he was and I said black lab, you could see her body language relax :lol:
The average person runs like a computer program, they are programed what to think.

#blacklabprivilege

I might have to defend the boxers a little.....when my kids were small, a good friend had boxer pups. She promised that boxers were awesome around kids. We took a female (I was thinking smaller, she grew to a max of 48 pounds), and she was one of the best dogs we ever had. Never, did she ever show any aggression toward us, neighbor's dogs (their cats as well), and people.
Definitely the most tolerant breed I've ever been around. Adopted 3 different ones. Amazing dogs. Will have another.

Some of you sound just like the anti gun people you complain so much about. You read a story from the media that you call "FAKE NEWS" and judge a whole bread of dogs.

Pretty much how it goes. A few do bad, they are all bad. Strange though, three in the bed at night and we always seem to wake up ok. And our visitors always get plenty of love, even our 100lb bully that is.......deathly afraid of paper and it’s own farts

I will say, they do hate the vacuum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom