• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Woman mauled by her own pitbull dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fatal_Bert Fatal_Bert ....last time I stopped by shop.....
AA329BD8-2FA3-4A23-8DF9-AEE74ECF7957.gif

I think the list of dog attacks over the last 10 years is a people problem.
Lots of scumbags breeding aggressive pit bulls and when they get out of control they take the to the pound where people rescue them.
There are also lots of other breeds of aggressive dogs, most do not have the capability to kill an adult with ease when triggered but some do.
The only dogs that really concern me are lab/shepherd types over 60 pounds or so, big Doberman types over 60 pounds and boxer/bulldog types over 30 pounds or so.
I know it sounds like a “ooh here is a badass” statement but I think I could handle a single dog smaller than that if my life depended on it.
I hope I never have to find out.

I think the list of dog attacks over the last 10 years is a people problem.
Lots of scumbags breeding aggressive pit bulls and when they get out of control they take the to the pound where people rescue them.
There are also lots of other breeds of aggressive dogs, most do not have the capability to kill an adult with ease when triggered but some do.
The only dogs that really concern me are lab/shepherd types over 60 pounds or so, big Doberman types over 60 pounds and boxer/bulldog types over 30 pounds or so.
I know it sounds like a “ooh here is a badass” statement but I think I could handle a single dog smaller than that if my life depended on it.
I hope I never have to find out.

I might have to defend the boxers a little.....when my kids were small, a good friend had boxer pups. She promised that boxers were awesome around kids. We took a female (I was thinking smaller, she grew to a max of 48 pounds), and she was one of the best dogs we ever had. Never, did she ever show any aggression toward us, neighbor's dogs (their cats as well), and people.

One question is whether she died from the seizures or dog attack?
Maybe Pit interpreted seizure as aggressive behavior.
Peace be with her, sometimes fate can just be cruel.

Pitbull fad has led to Pit and pit mix over population.
How any breed is raised and socialized w/people and other dogs
is a larger influence on behavior (jmho) than specified breed.
Pitbulls have such a bad reputation even if you have a nice one
all it takes is an accusation of misbehavior for you and the dog to
be treated as 'guilty until proven innocent'. Almost 8 yrs ago when
I got my black lab mix pup at 3 mo. 35lbs he was in a pen with mini-
pinscher. All the other (15-20) dogs in there were Pit or Pit mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom