Who knows old cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id make that trade. You are right, way easier to sell a custom classic car over a mini truck.

And that car will sell for more than that truck will.

Last edited:
Step dad bought a 65 comet a few years back that was all original except for a paint job. 120k original miles and he only paid 3k

What do you think you could get out of the car?

Trust me, I hate saying this because im an old mini trucker myself....spent WAAAAAY too much on a full size chevy build.

That is a $2500 truck brother. No one wants to pay for a chopped up truck. You have to find someone willing to take on a cheap project just to move it. Mini truckers like to build it themselves.

That car would move for $5-$6k in the ghetto all day.

Just my opinions, not fact. Hope I didnt offend, for real. :yo:

Trust me, I hate saying this because im an old mini trucker myself....spent WAAAAAY too much on a full size chevy build.

That is a $2500 truck brother. No one wants to pay for a chopped up truck. You have to find someone willing to take on a cheap project just to move it. Mini truckers like to build it themselves.

That car would move for $5-$6k in the ghetto all day.

Just my opinions, not fact. Hope I didnt offend, for real. :yo:

Not offended. Truck is definitely not chopped and was a professional build. All it needs is paint. I understand I will never get out of her what I have put in ,but I also am in no hurry to sell.

I like the old galaxys, and I don't like mini-trucks. Honestly, someone is going to need to un-bubba that galaxy. Nothing is original, nothing matches, it just looks like someone combined a bunch of stuff they had laying around. I would say if you want to flip it, at a minimum you need to consider re-doing the interior. I would tell him you're going to need like 1-2k on that trade. That way you can get some clean wheels for it and get the interior re-done.

I like the old galaxys, and I don't like mini-trucks. Honestly, someone is going to need to un-bubba that galaxy. Nothing is original, nothing matches, it just looks like someone combined a bunch of stuff they had laying around. I would say if you want to flip it, at a minimum you need to consider re-doing the interior. I would tell him you're going to need like 1-2k on that trade. That way you can get some clean wheels for it and get the interior re-done.

Why the hate for minis?

I'm a ford man thru and thru and I have had many old ford cars and trucks in the past. I would pass on this trade. Just from the pics of both ,the galaxy isn't worth trading your truck for. There's too much work that needs to be done on the car to get it right and that's not even addressing any body issues it may have. If it was a comet, mustang, f100 or something like that you might be getting a deal but not this one. Just my opinion!

Last edited:
I'm a ford man thru and thru and I have had many old ford cars and trucks in the past. I would pass on this trade. Just from the pics of both ,the galaxy isn't worth trading your truck for. There's too much work that needs to be done on the car to get it right and that's not even addressing any body issues it may have. If it was a comet, mustang, f100 or something like that you might be getting a deal but not this one. Just my opinion!

Thanks

All that Ford has going for it is the body and motor. I watch all the auctions and sales, that is not a 14K car. If it was all original and in near perfect condition it could bring 10 to 12K. If you look at the car be sure to check the floor pans, trunk pan, and the body for bondo.

The way it is now maybe 4 to 5K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom