• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When the SHTF, what do you do with the firearms? What is your plan?

The thing is everyone automatically thinks "head to the woods" mentality, well when all the people head there... they will be crowded woods. We all think this way, as we're outdoorsman and we know the woods and what to do in them to sustain ourselves and our loved ones. I am like a few others here- we have rice, jerky, canned goods, ammo, spare gun parts, etc... but the problem is getting to the woods. My family owns land in Putnam on Lake Oconee, and in Warren/Glasock county...the problem is getting there. Martial law can be done quickly they shut down the gas stations, and bam...that's all she wrote for 95% of everyone. Technically I have dual citizenship, but there's no way in hell they're letting me board a plane for Norway with an SKS', and a 7mm mag with bags of ammo lol. Therefore, staying around is my only option. I agree with what another guy said, keep your stuff stocked at where you're going. My close friends' parents and older brothers survived the ethnic cleansing of Bosnia i Hercegovina by thinking way ahead. They knew one day the Serbs and Bosnians would go to war, if not them...another former Yugoslav nation. Their father packaged and buried his AK's and SKS, ammo, and necessities under a certain landmark way out in the foothills, where only he would know where they were at. When the Serbs started their atrocities he put the wife and my friends (toddlers at the time) on the first bus out of Bosnia and to Austria. He and the other men of their town stayed behind and did exactly that- head to the woods. Their "army" at the time consisted of boys, farmers, metal workers, and factory workers. They really had to hold out the best they could with what they had. They thought ahead, survived, and still pushed on and fought the war in mountains and woods. BTW- the name of the town was Srebrenica, if that rings a bell. Nasty times.

Thats an inspiring post ^, makes one realize just how palpable a situation like we are discussing actually is. Think ahead, survive, and push on.

Unclear.six,

"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."

Is that yours? I LIKE IT!

Crediting you till I hear otherwise...

Keep them where they are now. I don't plan on bugging out. No-where to bug out to really, all roads will be FUBAR, and I can't carry everything I need to survive on my back, not to mention, there will be mauraders running about looting people and whatnot. I got an easily defendable home, good neighbors, 60 acres of fresh water, big field, and woods.

I'm with you on this. I plan on bugging in.

will count on my RRA ar my Glock 22, and my 12 ga.I will stay home as i live in the country, and have neighbors i trust with my life,when TSHTF If you do not have it you will not be able to get it . (gas , milk , ammo , cash from the ATM) to do so would expose you to looters , drug addicts, and general anarchy. you cannot count on LE . they will be with their families also. dont talk about it, do it ,every week buy something, (asprin,rice,bleach, sleeping bag, ammo, )instead of that 6 pack of eer or pack of cigaretts , but if this happens in our lifetime good luck,keep your head down.

This ^^^ Very good advice...dont forget pescriptions...If you need meds to live you better have tons stockpiled..most people wait unitl they have 1-2 blood pressure pills left then get them refilled. Prepping is a way of life. Little by little...Bugging out to the mtns is a pipe dream. unless you have a retreat established. Many people think that the north ga mountians are a place where you can just bug too. If you dont know how to survive you wont. If you not prepared your screwed. Check youtube lots of good info from the guys like southernprepper one, and engineer557.

I have a small generator to run my blender and xbox, planning to bug in with some margaritas and CoD until FEMA arrives to take me to safety.

I have a small generator to run my blender and xbox, planning to bug in with some margaritas and CoD until FEMA arrives to take me to safety.
I stocked up on tequila so we can barter if need be!!!!

Lots of interesting points of view on this subject....it has been discussed before.......but hey this topic is worth brininging up again. I tend to follow the Mel Tappan school of thought on bugging out: bug out now by relocating to a small community that is as far from a major city that your finanancial situation will allow. The living off the land or bugging out to an isolated wilderness retreat sounds great until your are starving or your retreat is surrounded by a group that is superior to you in terms of people and firepower. Those are options but not my first options. That said.....I have partially bugged out to a small community, and though I don't live there full time, the locals know me and my family by name. Plus, I have life long friends that live in this community.

There are several good books on hiding and/or caching food and equipment. Check out Paldin Press.

Not terribly worried about local LEO. They are not bound by the UCMJ like the military so have a lot more choice in obeying/disobeying orders. I think if things got bad enough you would probably have the military breaking ranks as well. By all means get to know your local LEO, can always find them hanging out at the gun shops. I have found many of them to have the same line of thought as those of us on this forum.

This ^^^ Very good advice...dont forget pescriptions...If you need meds to live you better have tons stockpiled..most people wait unitl they have 1-2 blood pressure pills left then get them refilled. Prepping is a way of life. Little by little...Bugging out to the mtns is a pipe dream. unless you have a retreat established. Many people think that the north ga mountians are a place where you can just bug too. If you dont know how to survive you wont. If you not prepared your screwed. Check youtube lots of good info from the guys like southernprepper one, and engineer557.

If you're looking for a good forum to get more survival info I would recommend http://www.survivalandpreparednessforum.com . Nice, knowledgeable folks. IMHO

how much will rent be for me lol?

seriously though, does beef jerky expire? i love the stuff, and don't think i could contain myself til SHTF

Back
Top Bottom