• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When the SHTF, what do you do with the firearms? What is your plan?

If you do plan on being on the road take all your bumper stickers (NRA, ODT, Glock, etc) off your vehicle prior. I would also simply throw some stuff in it on top of my organized stuff (look like you just threw stuff together). There will probably be too many people for them do a thorough search. They would likely select certain vehicles (profiled of course) to search. Also I would have a locking gas cap on my vehicle. I have an ex-wife so I've had a locking gas cap since day I served her her paperwork. I would likely hunker down where I am. Then venture out later if I had to.

I don't know, we were talking about this last week, we have everything we would need except a place to go. We have property but our house is right up on the street, and I think all the People from the neighbor across the street hood would flood over to our house, cause they know we have guns cause they hear us shoot them all the time.....SO I just don't know where we could go.... On the other hand there is 4 Leos on our street and I know regardless what the department told them to do we would stick together....I really dunno...

As an avid Constitutionalist, I use history as my guide. Research educate and have plans now. History gives us the road map for sucess.
What events lead up to the confiscation of firearms in other countries? Are any of those events happening now? How did it turn out for those who had guns confiscated?
Do you have the will to do what it takes to protect your family and property?
Most LEO and Military would stand behind the people(Katrina and the aftermath was an exception.), but other outside forces(U.N. for example) might be brought in to restore order. Prepare for the worst and pray you don't need to execute your plans.

Ask your LOE friends what they would be ordered to do? Get them thinking about it.
Plant the seeds of Liberty and maybe the tree that grows will shade us all from the harsh rays of oppression.

Hawk-eye

my wife and i were lucky enough to buy a little farm in union co. the house, 2 acres. we searched for 2 years for the right place. it has 2 wells, one drilled one bored. we can draw water from the bored well manually. we have two creeks and a small pond fully stocked with brim and small bass. it's bottom land from mountain runoff and has never dried up, so we know we have plenty of water. we also planted a garden and dehydrate or can the food because freezing it may be a lost cause in a loss of power. we planted plenty of fruit trees also. have chickens as well. i have plenty of water filtration to make it drinkable if need be. we both got basic first aid trained and are learning about the local greenary for food and medicinal purposes. i also scout the local areas regularly and have topigraphical maps of the surrounding areas. we paid off all debts and owe nothing but taxes and utilities. we live 10 miles from any town so i hope we would be far enough away to stay out of harms way. of course the weapon situation is taken care of. we also have bug out bags with nessasary items just in case we have to travel. the only problem i have is i work out of town so if something happened while i were not at home,which it probably would, it never happens the way you think, i carry a bag with i hope enough supplies to get me back home. i thought about this what i did was started my own buisness locally and hopefully it will bring me enough money i can stop travelling so much and work close to home. i have to give credit for the farm idea to my wife. she is the one who wanted it even before all this mess with the economy. i wanted a cabin on the mountainside but this will work out better and we can be more self reliant and maybe if the shtf, we will survive.

As an avid Constitutionalist, I use history as my guide. Research educate and have plans now. History gives us the road map for sucess.
What events lead up to the confiscation of firearms in other countries? Are any of those events happening now? How did it turn out for those who had guns confiscated?
Do you have the will to do what it takes to protect your family and property?
Most LEO and Military would stand behind the people(Katrina and the aftermath was an exception.), but other outside forces(U.N. for example) might be brought in to restore order. Prepare for the worst and pray you don't need to execute your plans.

Ask your LOE friends what they would be ordered to do? Get them thinking about it.
Plant the seeds of Liberty and maybe the tree that grows will shade us all from the harsh rays of oppression.

Hawk-eye
A well, thought out response.

my wife and i were lucky enough to buy a little farm in union co. the house, 2 acres. we searched for 2 years for the right place. it has 2 wells, one drilled one bored. we can draw water from the bored well manually. we have two creeks and a small pond fully stocked with brim and small bass. it's bottom land from mountain runoff and has never dried up, so we know we have plenty of water. we also planted a garden and dehydrate or can the food because freezing it may be a lost cause in a loss of power. we planted plenty of fruit trees also. have chickens as well. i have plenty of water filtration to make it drinkable if need be. we both got basic first aid trained and are learning about the local greenary for food and medicinal purposes. i also scout the local areas regularly and have topigraphical maps of the surrounding areas. we paid off all debts and owe nothing but taxes and utilities. we live 10 miles from any town so i hope we would be far enough away to stay out of harms way. of course the weapon situation is taken care of. we also have bug out bags with nessasary items just in case we have to travel. the only problem i have is i work out of town so if something happened while i were not at home,which it probably would, it never happens the way you think, i carry a bag with i hope enough supplies to get me back home. i thought about this what i did was started my own buisness locally and hopefully it will bring me enough money i can stop travelling so much and work close to home. i have to give credit for the farm idea to my wife. she is the one who wanted it even before all this mess with the economy. i wanted a cabin on the mountainside but this will work out better and we can be more self reliant and maybe if the shtf, we will survive.

Good foresight. Nothing like a smart, good looking woman with common sense that will stand beside you. Fortunely, God gave me one too!

My whole family has designated my dad's place on lake hartwell b/c he lives on the lake in a small community of about 10 homes. everyone there is newly retired, they plant alot of food, and there is only one road in and out of their little subdivision. many of the homeowners, including my father, have firearms. the only way in our out would be the one road and by boat. getting there would be a little rough i think. my first idea is to stay in my home for a couple of days while the maniacs flip out and loot, then after it settles, then try to leave. I don't know, depends on the situation, it might be best for us to leave before the people start flooding out from downtown Atlanta. I am working on getting some maps local and state with topographical maps. I wasn't in the military and don't have any training on how to read a compass alon with a map. I am buying a book this weekend to learn how to better do so. Anyone have any suggestions on a book or a better way to learn to use maps and compasses?

Get a good Magellan or Garmin Hand held GPS. And no not one of those crappy little TOM TOMs or Navigon GPS or in Car GPS. My Magellan Meridan Marine works Great for Land (hunting, travel etc.) or Marine Navigation, and Meridan Gold I use for outdoor hunting and travel. Our family also has 4 laptops all with USB GPS, that they interface to for uploading and downloading Maps etc. Even if GPS is down the maps still work. Everyone of us is familiar with how the Laptop map and the GPS map programs work. You have multipule choices between Topograhical, Satelite, or Road Travel views. I can interface the GPS to the Laptops for big screen view or unhook and use just the Handheld screen. If your not out early, chances are your not getting out for a while, if at all. Just My Opinion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom