• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When the SHTF, what do you do with the firearms? What is your plan?

how much will rent be for me lol?

seriously though, does beef jerky expire? i love the stuff, and don't think i could contain myself til SHTF

I ate some jerky that was 5 years old.......aside from some serious gas and the complaints from my fishing buddies...no ill effects. As to how long it actually lasts who knows......if you store in mylar with oxygen absorbers maybe 10 years?????

I ate some jerky that was 5 years old.......aside from some serious gas and the complaints from my fishing buddies...no ill effects. As to how long it actually lasts who knows......if you store in mylar with oxygen absorbers maybe 10 years?????

LMAO!!!!!

Seriously, seed banks are ftw! Although you can't wait til SHTF to plant them. Have a good bit of dried and canned goods to hold you over til they sprout!

until FEMA arrives to take me to safety.

You mean these guys?

motivatoreb56c92db94c64b5c9f7761cdfc9dae27fc3db34.jpg

get a bed liner in trucks and put long guns behind t or the back of the seats in a suv put a couple in there now it won't be long before the shtf now that they said they killed bin lodan or what every my ammo is in my spare tire under my truck just call aaa to fix flat haha

I figure there's no way I'll be able to make it to the mountains. I guess I have to hold down the fort until I run out of lead, then cross my fingers and start praying. Hopefully the order of those operations will be in the opposite order. I'd like to think that I'll never have to deal with when the SHTF... Probably not likely though.

Simple, you fight back. Leo's and Military that turn tail and support gun confiscation and the confinment of American citizens will be deemed a treaturous offense and death will be the punishment. Then you will have more guns and ammo. Im a former police officer, military and I love my country, but I will NOT allow the government to confiscate my family and weapons. That is a right we have and I will glady die defending that right

The longer this thread runs, the more humerous it becomes. You have so many "Rambo want to be"s that do not have a clue. Most likely posing in front of the bathroom mirror holding a pistol in one hand and a large knife in the other and repeating, "Are you talking to me?" over and over. They really have no clue. I seriouly doubt if they will make it for very long when TSHTF...nor will they be missed.

This I address to those of you that love other folks more than you love yourself, to those of you that have family to care and provide for in the near future. If you fall into this catagory, the best thing you can do is to get educated on a couple of things. The sooner the better. It is better to be prepared 2 yrs too early than 5 minutes too late.

1) Understand what you and yours will be facing and form a survival plan. 4 AR15s and 3000 rds of ammo alone will not shelter, clothe and feed your family.
2) Understand your skill limits and obtain essential training to improve yourself. You may be able to shoot a zombie but can you clean and stitch a wound in order to keep your spouse alive in a world without doctors or dentist or antibiotics, give your parent CPR?
3) Obtain essential tools you will need. Imagine that in three days you no longer have fresh water. You can't drink Lake Lanier if you don't know how to make it into potable water.
4) Have sufficent food reserves to hold you until you can produce your own. The supermarket will be out of food in three days, what do you eat now? If everyone in Georgia hunts deer for food, the deer will be nearly extinct in 6 months, what then?
5) Where will you stay or go to? Mountains are the most common response. It is sure going to get crowded there. They don't want you and will be ready to take whatever you bring, off your cold dead body. What are you going to do for food all winter?
6) If the dollar value collaspes, what will you trade for what you despartly need and can't make, build or grow yourself?
7-1001) Shelter? Heat? How many ways can you start a fire? How to get water out of a 200' drilled well without electricity? Know what an EMP (electromagnetic pulse) is and why it is important to your plan? If you have no fuel source or electricity can you survive the winter?

The list goes on and on. Bullets and bandaids alone will never get you through. Don't sit back waiting for the government to rescue you. You owe it to your family.

I would suggest lurking on few survival and preparedness sites. Get a better picture of what you "may" face. Listen/read objectively. If you think there may be something that interest you, will help you....read and learn. If not, you wasted a little time...and maybe learned a little.

Knowledge is Power, Practiced Knowledge is Strength, Tested Knowledge is Confidence.

The longer this thread runs, the more humerous it becomes. You have so many "Rambo want to be"s that do not have a clue. Most likely posing in front of the bathroom mirror holding a pistol in one hand and a large knife in the other and repeating, "Are you talking to me?" over and over. They really have no clue. I seriouly doubt if they will make it for very long when TSHTF...nor will they be missed.

This I address to those of you that love other folks more than you love yourself, to those of you that have family to care and provide for in the near future. If you fall into this catagory, the best thing you can do is to get educated on a couple of things. The sooner the better. It is better to be prepared 2 yrs too early than 5 minutes too late.

1) Understand what you and yours will be facing and form a survival plan. 4 AR15s and 3000 rds of ammo alone will not shelter, clothe and feed your family.
2) Understand your skill limits and obtain essential training to improve yourself. You may be able to shoot a zombie but can you clean and stitch a wound in order to keep your spouse alive in a world without doctors or dentist or antibiotics, give your parent CPR?
3) Obtain essential tools you will need. Imagine that in three days you no longer have fresh water. You can't drink Lake Lanier if you don't know how to make it into potable water.
4) Have sufficent food reserves to hold you until you can produce your own. The supermarket will be out of food in three days, what do you eat now? If everyone in Georgia hunts deer for food, the deer will be nearly extinct in 6 months, what then?
5) Where will you stay or go to? Mountains are the most common response. It is sure going to get crowded there. They don't want you and will be ready to take whatever you bring, off your cold dead body. What are you going to do for food all winter?
6) If the dollar value collaspes, what will you trade for what you despartly need and can't make, build or grow yourself?
7-1001) Shelter? Heat? How many ways can you start a fire? How to get water out of a 200' drilled well without electricity? Know what an EMP (electromagnetic pulse) is and why it is important to your plan? If you have no fuel source or electricity can you survive the winter?

The list goes on and on. Bullets and bandaids alone will never get you through. Don't sit back waiting for the government to rescue you. You owe it to your family.

I would suggest lurking on few survival and preparedness sites. Get a better picture of what you "may" face. Listen/read objectively. If you think there may be something that interest you, will help you....read and learn. If not, you wasted a little time...and maybe learned a little.

Knowledge is Power, Practiced Knowledge is Strength, Tested Knowledge is Confidence.

Good post.
Also alot of people think the mountains are the place, me included, however, I personally think now after doing research the middle of the state is the place to be. Lots of animals (no bears), milder winders and soil (not clay) to grow food will be a huge live saver and make it easier than the mountains. Now if we were in the midwest, sure there are more animals up there but i would stay home where I know my surroundings and use my house as a base if all possible

Back
Top Bottom