• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When the SHTF, what do you do with the firearms? What is your plan?

jloneill17

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
165   0
Reaction score
I've been getting into preparedness in case something happened and my wife and I had to leave. I have a long term place to stay at my dad's on lake hartwell, but what do you do if there are road blocks and the military or leo's are checking for weapons to confiscate? I could probably hide my side arm but what do you do with your long guns if you have to stay or night or two on your way to a long term place? I guess I turn around, ditch the car, and wait it out. Then someone's gonna come along and syphon my gas out of my car. I sure as heck don't want to give them to the leo's or military. That's what I have to protect my wife and I till we can hook up with a larger group. Any ideas?

Have some weapons and ammo at the location you are traveling to. As far as what to do with long guns on the trip....it would be easy to burrow an AK (especially a folding stock version) into a suitcase. you'd want to blend in with other travelers and look like any other defenseless couple at any road blocks or check points. No visible gun cases, etc.
My little SUV has a compartment in the rear (has some trays above the spare tire) that could be used for a couple of rifles if modified ahead of time. It would only be visible if the seats were folded down and the access was open.
Your post provides good food for thought.

I appreciate it Bill, I could break down the AR and Mossberg and slide them uder the seats, in a suitcase, or in the trunk under the spare tire, then hope like hell they don't rumedge around a bunch. Try to look as helpless as possible and ask them if the chick-fil-a is still open or not. Lol. good idea. thanks.

If you wait until LEO or Mil is out and running blocking roads then it my be too late. The road will be just a place of ambush. Bug out sooner ! Have topographical maps for the complete journey there. Have a plan A,B,C. Get in good shape before you have to bail out on foot.

I think (pray) most LEOs, in Georgia, will not be participating in gun confiscation. I will say right now I will not be involved in taking a law abiding citizens gun. PERIOD

I've seen the sight. Good but I worry that a list like that might be counter productive if they start looking for LEOs that will not follow the party line.

I have given my word.
When all is said and done all a man has is his name and his word.

Back
Top Bottom