• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trench digging ideas or suggestions...

js415

Default rank <2000 posts Lifetime Supporter
GeorgiaCarry.org
226   0
Reaction score
I need to dig a trench in a yard about 100' long, and around 6 inches deep.

I know how it can be done using a shovel. I'm really trying to avoid that if possible!!

I have checked around and all I can find at tool rental stores are the giant Ditch Witch brand of trenchers, and I do not need anything that large.

Anybody have an idea where I can find a smaller, easier to handle trencher, for a short run? Anybody have one they want to rent/loan out for a day or two?

Any other ideas on how to get this done? Ideas that my daughter and I can tackle in a day or less?

Thanks,

Jerry

There should be a small walk behind Ditch Witch type trencher available.
They range from small to big riders.

That's exactly what I thought. I can not find one anywhere. Maybe I'm so far out of the city that folks only need the big ones around here. I've seen pictures of models as small as a walk behind lawn mower.

When I ask about those, they rental guys just stare at me like I'm crazy. Even the smallest walk behind Ditch Witch I could find requires an 8' trailer to transport it.....

I have a very large John Deere tractor that can do all the digging I need. I'd prefer not to tear up a nice yard if not needed....

Burn outs not needed as well.....

I need to dig a trench in a yard about 100' long, and around 6 inches deep.

I know how it can be done using a shovel. I'm really trying to avoid that if possible!!

I have checked around and all I can find at tool rental stores are the giant Ditch Witch brand of trenchers, and I do not need anything that large.

Anybody have an idea where I can find a smaller, easier to handle trencher, for a short run? Anybody have one they want to rent/loan out for a day or two?

Any other ideas on how to get this done? Ideas that my daughter and I can tackle in a day or less?

Thanks,

Jerry

This what you're looking for?

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200666099_200666099

Back
Top Bottom