• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Off air TV antennas outdoor or indoor?

I've never paid for TV. My Wife and I grew up on antenna TV. Reception went to pot when they pulled the plug on analog TV. I used the same 90 element antenna in my old house for 36yrs. Now granted the channels that are coming in now could change in 5 min. or tomorrow. Dependable reception is a thing of the past anymore. At least in my experience. I've always needed an amplifier where I've been. I was down in a hole for the last 36yrs. Now with the new digital stuff, you need one period. Growing up and very early adulthood I never needed an amplifier. I tried to replace my 90 element antenna with a larger double stacked one, it didn't even work. The old beat up one I had still did though. The current house has one of those new wave alien looking things, works pretty good with an amplifier. Also Roku can be your friend. There are days when antenna reception isn't good. The box will only cost you a one time price. My wife bought it so I'm not sure how much, maybe $20-25. Works great through your internet. Also if you have an old analog TV you may need to get a digital converter box. Again not expensive.

Back
Top Bottom