• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trench digging ideas or suggestions...

I use a sub soiler on my tractor. Works great for trenching.
If you know someone with a small tractor it might be worth offering buying them one in exchange for the use of their machine/time.
Screenshot_20200419-095935.png

I use a sub soiler on my tractor. Works great for trenching.
If you know someone with a small tractor it might be worth offering buying them one in exchange for the use of their machine/time.
View attachment 2586810

I have a similar device that I could put on my tractor, and get the job done quickly. I would also destroy her front yard with my tractor, and spend more time trying to fix that......

I rented one from United tool rental a while back. Small walk behind unit that fit through my gate. I could adjust the depth up to 6-12 inches and it made a trench about 3-1/2 to 4” wide. Wide enough for me to place drainage pipe in that I bought from Home Depo. The drain line I ran was about 75’.

That is what I had in mind. The local shops around Newnan, Carrollton, or Oxford, AL do not seem to rent those. All they have are the really large Ditch Witch models.

Maybe check with a landscaper, it's really an overgrown edger.

Coweta Rental didn’t have anything?

They had a large Ditch Witch. I need something a couple of people can pick up and throw in my truck.
Something that will not destroy the yard just to dig a 6' trench.

Lot's of the small Ditch Witch models around, and I see all sorts of pictures like was mentioned above, but nobody rents one..

That is what I had in mind. The local shops around Newnan, Carrollton, or Oxford, AL do not seem to rent those. All they have are the really large Ditch Witch models.

home depot rentals. I pulled the one in the thumb nails hundreds of miles when i was younger doing sprinkler systems. it would chew through a 6" root with ease.

Back
Top Bottom