• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trench digging ideas or suggestions...

giphy.gif

You just may have to go outside of your immediate area to find one.
Any ditchwitch will make somewhat of a mess. I rented a big one and dug a 800 foot water line. Fun job.
Or just go to HD and hire a couple of day laborers to dig it for you.
Probably cheaper than renting equipment and easier on your back.

With EVERYONE out of work (as per the economic doom sayers here), you should have no problem getting someone to shovel dig it.

It isn't difficult with as soft as the ground is. 2 months without rain in August is a different story.

Use a trenching shovel and a hoe and it will be done in no time.

Back a long time ago I needed to bury a satellite wire across the yard. Upon suggestion from an old timer I used a maul and a sledge hammer. Put the maul point at an angle with the ground and hit the back with the hammer, perfect little trench, but best I remember it was only about 3 inches deep.

This is what I was looking for. They show online, then go to checkout and shows "not available for rent".

I call the stores and they say they don't have them anymore......

Such a simple task, to be so complicated....

The Peachtree City HD has them, I talked to them by phone this morning..

Did a trench for electrical to a pool with a front tine tiller. Just remove the outside tines and let it dig. I had to make multiple pass and you still have to shovel the dirt out, but worked great and no messed up yard.

I need to dig a trench in a yard about 100' long, and around 6 inches deep.

I know how it can be done using a shovel. I'm really trying to avoid that if possible!!

I have checked around and all I can find at tool rental stores are the giant Ditch Witch brand of trenchers, and I do not need anything that large.

Anybody have an idea where I can find a smaller, easier to handle trencher, for a short run? Anybody have one they want to rent/loan out for a day or two?

Any other ideas on how to get this done? Ideas that my daughter and I can tackle in a day or less?

Thanks,

Jerry
If you are just put a wire in it a chainsaw with old chain works pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom