Things I learned at Adventure Outdoors today

Far from childish AO can offer anything from a decent experience to full retard and total incompetence . The good part is you never know which one you are going to get until you walk in. I used to work nearby and go in during lunch. Both experiences happen many times a day in AO.

And they differ how from any other retail establishment in this? Everyone wants the best price but they also want John Browning waiting on them at the counter. Ain't gonna happen.

And they differ how from any other retail establishment in this? Everyone wants the best price but they also want John Browning waiting on them at the counter. Ain't gonna happen.

Cherokee guns is a great place to point one out. customer service is top notch along with their knowledge.

Hey Caleb, not sure if you have an Academy around you, but every one I have been in lately has had Federal 147 grain 9mm and Remington 220 grain .300 BO on the shelf. Granted, that is here in TX, but IIRC the Academy in Hiram had the 9mm ammo on the shelf a couple of months ago, right before I left GA.

Cherokee guns is a great place to point one out. customer service is top notch along with their knowledge.

I agree. I live a mile from there and buy there often. Often they don't have one I am looking for in stock. AO has a huge inventory and usually prices are right.

they absolutely suck........

i went in with a buddy of mine shortly after they moved to the new location. he purchased a derringer while we were there, and that process took 3 hours after an hour of trying to get someone to even acknowledge our presence. filled out the 4473, paid, left, and all that good stuff......

a few days later they called and asked him to come back in because THEY made and error on the 4473 and needed to redo it, so the hour long journey back over and he refiled the 4473.

another couple days and they call and state again, THEY made another error and asked him to come back in again. he explained to them that he had already done this once and that it would be a few days before he would be able to get back over there and expressed his unhappiness with the situation.

the lady on the phone told him that she didn't care what he had going on and that if he didnt come in prior to the end of the day, they (AO) were going to just report the gun as stolen.

That's when the SHTF.

again, we made the hour journey to get there and were refused the right to speak to a manager over the situation, any compensation, or just general human decency period!

**** Adventure Outdoors!

I've had issues with them myself and they just flat out suck in every form or fashion.
Thanks for sharing this. % them!

Back
Top Bottom