Things I learned at Adventure Outdoors today

Why? Because I havent had an AO suxs/blows/bites experience? Just amused that no one can ever have a positive AO experience on here or mention the place without a pile on.
Sort of like your comment asking me if I own "stock".

Desperately had to drop a deuce while there last time...the only bathroom stall in the men's room had the lock ripped off it. Kind of a good metaphor for the whole place

Desperately had to drop a deuce while there last time...the only bathroom stall in the men's room had the lock ripped off it. Kind of a good metaphor for the whole place

Then why were you there to start with?
Racetrac and QT offer a much better bathroom experience.

Um. The incident he was sharing happened when he worked there. That is first-hand knowledge and admissible in any court.
another time, a gentleman bought a brand new Kimber(forget the exact model) and bought extra mags, holster ammo etc...ended up spending like $1600+- on everything an before leaving the store a gunner brought the gun back to the gunsmith bc he wanted to have a trigger job done as well as new sights installed. Again, up to this point, the gun has not left the store or been in his physical possession bc gunners handle everything. So, after dropping it off at the gunsmith, we will refer to the "gunsmith" as "Mr. Butterfingers" he drops the brand new Kimber causing a relatively nasty scratch on the slide. At this point, the customer says, can you pull a new kimber out from the back in the same model, swap the slides since you damage my brand new pistol and lets carry on with my trigger job and sights. To me, this seems like a reasonable request and since the slides are not serialized, I figured it shouldnt be a problem for them to do the swap, send the scratched one back to the manufacturer and get a replacement. Nooooo, instead they told the guy there was nothing they were willing to do to rectify the situation, but they were kind enough to offer him a duracoat job for an extra $200 bucks. I will say this though in defense of the Wallaces...they are very nice people and always treated me good. Jay is a cool guy, Eric at times is a bit strange but all in all is a cool guy, Nick is by far the most easy going, laid back guy out of them all. But their biggest problem is, they came from a pawn shop business and still have a pawn shop mentality. The business model is designed to squeeze as much profit out of any and every person that walks through the doors...no matter how it gets done

Last edited:
another time, a gentleman bought a brand new Kimber(forget the exact model) and bought extra mags, holster ammo etc...ended up spending like $1600+- on everything an before leaving the store a gunner brought the gun back to the gunsmith bc he wanted to have a trigger job done as well as new sights installed. Again, up to this point, the gun has not left the store or been in his physical possession bc gunners handle everything. So, after dropping it off at the gunsmith, we will refer to the "gunsmith" as "Mr. Butterfingers" he drops the brand new Kimber causing a relatively nasty scratch on the slide. At this point, the customer says, can you pull a new kimber out from the back in the same model, swap the slides since you damage my brand new pistol and lets carry on with my trigger job and sights. To me, this seems like a reasonable request and since the slides are not serialized, I figured it shouldnt be a problem for them to do the swap, send the scratched one back to the manufacturer and get a replacement. Nooooo, instead they told the guy there was nothing they were willing to do to rectify the situation, but they were kind enough to offer him a duracoat job for an extra $200 bucks. I will say this though in defense of the Wallaces...they are very nice people and always treated me good. Eric is a cool guy, Nick is by far the most easy going, laid back guy out of them all. But their biggest problem is, they came from a pawn shop business and still have a pawn shop mentality. The business model is designed to squeeze as much profit out of any and every person that walks through the doors...no matter how it gets done

Par for the course..but as a former employee your testimony is invalid...somehow

another time, a gentleman bought a brand new Kimber(forget the exact model) and bought extra mags, holster ammo etc...ended up spending like $1600+- on everything an before leaving the store a gunner brought the gun back to the gunsmith bc he wanted to have a trigger job done as well as new sights installed. Again, up to this point, the gun has not left the store or been in his physical possession bc gunners handle everything. So, after dropping it off at the gunsmith, we will refer to the "gunsmith" as "Mr. Butterfingers" he drops the brand new Kimber causing a relatively nasty scratch on the slide. At this point, the customer says, can you pull a new kimber out from the back in the same model, swap the slides since you damage my brand new pistol and lets carry on with my trigger job and sights. To me, this seems like a reasonable request and since the slides are not serialized, I figured it shouldnt be a problem for them to do the swap, send the scratched one back to the manufacturer and get a replacement. Nooooo, instead they told the guy there was nothing they were willing to do to rectify the situation, but they were kind enough to offer him a duracoat job for an extra $200 bucks. I will say this though in defense of the Wallaces...they are very nice people and always treated me good. Jay is a cool guy, Eric at times is a bit strange but all in all is a cool guy, Nick is by far the most easy going, laid back guy out of them all. But their biggest problem is, they came from a pawn shop business and still have a pawn shop mentality. The business model is designed to squeeze as much profit out of any and every person that walks through the doors...no matter how it gets done
Invalid. He's never had a bad experience there.

I've never had a bad experience at Wal-Mart but I'm sure others have. I damn sure am not gonna stand here and defend Wal-Mart if others start *****ing.

Back
Top Bottom