• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Things I don't understand -- "Round count"

since you say a spring is a consumable and not a working part,,,,,, take the trigger spring out of your gun and let me know how well it fires.

I can take the oil out of my car engine, and it will work just as well as the gun -- or I can take the gasoline out, or the battery -- still a consumable, and not a "working part", and so on.

Really not a good example.

I can take the oil out of my car engine, and it will work just as well as the gun -- or I can take the gasoline out, or the battery -- still a consumable, and not a "working part", and so on.

Really not a good example.
I think there is a difference between 'consumable' and 'working part'.
I don't have a link but know that the S&W M&P maintenance package includes the guide rod assembly, trigger return spring, and 2 magazine springs and is recommended at 5000 rounds or 5 years.

I have Smiths, Kimbers, Hi Powers, FN's, Colts, Rugers, Glocks. The Glock 22 has been retired as a truck gun, Since it is no longer my duty weapon..She has I would say close to 40k rounds down the tube. I have to my knowledge only one Fail to Fire. That was the ammo, I have never replaced anything due to ware. I have changed the pull on the trigger added night sites, added extended mag and slide release and added mag well guide. She is serviced after every time in use..I have no complaints, she is not my favorite or the one a carry..But I would not have any question that when needed she will preform.

I would say relative to care it's like buying a used car.
I don't buy rental fleet cars because someone asked me once if "I know the difference in a rental car and a 4X4.? I said no.
Answer: A rental car will go anywhere.

Moral: its. How it's been treated. But in the spirit of full disclosure I am guilty of asking round count.

Back
Top Bottom