• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Things I don't understand -- "Round count"

Definitely here on the ODT round count matters. If you have a new in box Glock, it's only worth about $475.00. Take that same Glock, put some color fill on it, shoot it for a year regularly, possibly stipple the grip and you have increased the value to well over retail. On the other hand, if you try to trade that same Glock to someone for their firearm, it's only worth $400.00 at best. It's really weird around here sometimes.

Why is the first question asked when a gun is put up for sale is "what's the round count?"

What difference does it make? I mean, do guns have a shelf life? I know that they have a service life that's in the 10's of thousands of rounds.
It makes a lot of difference to me. Especially in precision guns.

If you can't judge the wear on a gun, should you really be buying one?
Probably not.

Does anyone really make a decision to buy a gun based in "round count" and if you do what's the threshold?
Yes, I generally won't buy anything fired more than 100 times.

Finally, who knows who is telling the truth? I've got a revolver that's had thousands of round shot through it, but if you're interested in buying it, the count rounds off to less than 100.
I can tell by the lock up and cylinder ring. Besides if you are a liar you will have to live with that.

My favorite is "I'm the second owner (that I know of) and the previous owner told me it was unfired." Really?
Meh, sometimes it is true but adding the "I know of" is crap.

The round count on a 220 Swift is more than less the life of a 30/30 barrel,, yea round count matters ALOT in some calibers

Definitely here on the ODT round count matters. If you have a new in box Glock, it's only worth about $475.00. Take that same Glock, put some color fill on it, shoot it for a year regularly, possibly stipple the grip and you have increased the value to well over retail. On the other hand, if you try to trade that same Glock to someone for their firearm, it's only worth $400.00 at best. It's really weird around here sometimes.

I thought ruinin,,,,,,,errrr,,,,,stippling the grip automatically qualified as double retail. Hand designed customization.

Back
Top Bottom