• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thanksgiving

Crap… went to pick up shucked oysters for my Turkey Day casserole, Winn-Dixie, $60.00/qt. Didn’t bother to check Harris-Teeter, figured I’d pass out at their pricing.
Drove over to old faithful City Market in Brunswick, ‘’only’’ $45.00.
Loving Bidenomics!
Anchored Seafood has them for $22 a pint. Their shrimp are a little pricey but fresh. They have good prices and selection of oysters.

like the last 4 years, all our fam/peeps meet and eat what they want as many deviled eggs as they want and its way cheaper than spending 3 days in the kitchen,
1700598723359.png

Anchored Seafood has them for $22 a pint. Their shrimp are a little pricey but fresh. They have good prices and selection of oysters.
Heard good things about Anchored, but been a City Market customer when in the area since 1956, when mom was the shopper.
Now that we’re back full-time on the coast gonna ride with ‘em to the buzzer.
Never been disappointed.

edit: they had local shrimp Medium $7.99/lb, Large $10.99. Not farmed or imported (who would buy that **** anyway?)

I would've paid for a few meals to make it easier on my wife for Thanksgiving. My Mother in Law lives in a nice assisted living place and they have nice meals. I tried to get my Dad to come down with us and I'd pay for his. He wouldn't have it. So we're cooking for the 4 of us....I gave him a pass due to his age. Trying to make them as happy as I can. I'd rather do this than not. One day we won't have them anymore. The older we all get, the more I realize this

Back
Top Bottom