• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Terrible customer service from O'Reillys Auto Parts

Not sure if the trend is moving South, but in the Northeast, no one cuts rotors and drums any longer. The claim is it is not worth the time vs a new (albeit cheap as FK) rotor or drum. A buddy of mine up in NY with several shops says he has some lathes he will sell me cheap due to him not offering to turn rotors any longer.

O'Reilly's used to cut rotors for $10 a piece, then sometime in the past year or so they jumped to $30 per rotor. Obviously they prefer to sell the parts versus recondition them. Yeah I looked nice and narrow

It's all about location. Not sure where OPs wife was but we have great CS at our ORs. I have a commercial account and haven't had any issues since 2019. The district Mgr brings me some type of promo stuff a few times a year. I only average $400 or so per month for the last 2 years and they still treat me like I was buying $4000 each month. I bought a rack and pinion for my taco last November, and didn't look at it until last month, it had both equalizer lines damaged and I mentioned it to my sales guy while talking to him and the store manager. I only hoped they could sell me the 2 lines so I wouldn't have to make them myself, the guy behind the counter walked around and said the new one would be at my house the next day. No questions even asked. The problem ain't with the brand, it's due to the current leadership that some Jack leg voted in. Our napa is pretty good but twice the price. The advanced auto and auto zone here both suck, so us poor folks have to get what we can afford, which is typically O'Reilly or rockauto..

Not sure if the trend is moving South, but in the Northeast, no one cuts rotors and drums any longer. The claim is it is not worth the time vs a new (albeit cheap as FK) rotor or drum. A buddy of mine up in NY with several shops says he has some lathes he will sell me cheap due to him not offering to turn rotors any longer.

O'Reilly's used to cut rotors for $10 a piece, then sometime in the past year or so they jumped to $30 per rotor. Obviously they prefer to sell the parts versus recondition them. Yeah I looked nice and narrow
That's because they use cheap second and third grade materials on rotors these days. It's basically crap so they can make it cheaper then you can turn a set of rotors for. Plus the parts stores hate all that mess. I used to hate turning rotors and drums. It's a pain in the ass and usually the rotors are drums are just filthy as can be and in addition to all those steel filings you get dust kicking up it just makes a mess everywhere. It's 90% of the reason why they charge so much to turn them. It's hard to justify making all that mess when for $20 more you can just buy a new set of rotors.

I tell you what man, I don't know if I'm just tired of crap service or I'm just getting older and less impatient. But I'm finding myself to be shooting back at the slightest bit of push back lately. I asked for white sauce on a gluten free pizza at Pizza Hut the other day and they came back and told me their system didn't allow that. I told her would you like me to come back there and put the sauce on myself? I worked at Domino's for 9 years I think I can still sling a ladle no matter what sauce is in it lol. I mean, I wasn't an ass about it but needless to say I got what I wanted.

That is due to all this cheap ass Chinese and Taiwan junk they are selling nowadays for parts ! Unfortunately!!
I would much rather cut my own rotors/drums , that way I KNOW they are straight ! Also I like to put a swirl grind on the finished rotor, less noise !

Many of the parts stores will not replace a battery if the power distribution box is mounted over the battery.
Our daughter had a bad battery in her car a few years ago and this was the case.
I said buy a new battery and bring it to me and I will show how to replace.
It took about 5 minutes to remove the two extra bolts holding down the distribution box and move it to the side so that the battery could be replaced.
It took her about 25 minutes total to replace the battery and when she took the core back for refund she let them know their "policy" was BS :p

Not sure if you remember (or were around) but the napa used to be a Choice Big A auto. Those guys had grease under their nails and would absolutely go out of their way to find what you needed. Years ago of course…
We had napa then a big A in stockbridge in 80's. Both were as you say, would go out their way. All thats' gone the way of the dodo bird.

Don't bother filing a complaint with corporate. I had an employee at the Dawsonville store call me a asshole under his breath. The store manager told me to leave the store. The district manager never returned my calls and corporate did nothing.

Were you being an asshole though....

Back
Top Bottom