• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Terrible customer service from O'Reillys Auto Parts

I bought an AC compressor from O'Reilly's and it crapped out. I took it back to them and they looked it up and said the 365 day warranty was one day expired. The sorry bastards couldn't figure out how to work that out.......I'vea never bought another dimes worth from them AND NEVER WILL........ Napa and Advance gets my business now.
You might have bought a new one but if you buy any kind of reconditioned part swapping that out for a new one even if it's out of warranty it's easy as can be and they can do it if they want to and there's no recourse. All they had to do was give you another one and throw the reconditioned one in a pile that are stacked up there on a pallet in the back.

All those reconditioned parts have a good fair share of being duds believe me I've been through that a thousand times. You just exchange the part and take the one that's done put it in the box and throw it on a pallet to ship back to the reconditioners. They don't even take the time to match it up by serial number of when it's sold or anything. They expect the high number of failures because it's just the nature of the beast. Piss poor employees doing second grade jobs on reconditioned parts. We never used to use the receipt because there's a sticker on there that is if the internals are fooled with you can tell if that sticker has been manipulated. If a guy brought in a alternator ( for example ) for a Chevy there are several different part numbers for the same year. The only difference is is the clock position of the wiring harness plug connection.

We used to take those things down and just re-clock the back end of the alternator to match the one they had and we would put our initials on the sticker denoting that we had done it and not the customer. It's as simple as taking the screws out turning the back and putting it back together. Of course you have to use a pin or paper clip straightened out to retain the brushes until you put it back together and then you just pull the pin back out so the brushes release and make contact it's just that simple. That was back then when you had two kinds of alternators one with an internal voltage regulator and one with an external voltage regulator.

Napa seems to have the best quality parts these days. A few years ago I got some brake pads from O'Reilly's that had a lifetime warranty. I guess they figured nobody fixing an old car would keep it long enough to wear out a set of brakes. Lol I made them regret that. I think I'm on my third set of free replacement pads now.

Napa seems to have the best quality parts these days. A few years ago I got some brake pads from O'Reilly's that had a lifetime warranty. I guess they figured nobody fixing an old car would keep it long enough to wear out a set of brakes. Lol I made them regret that. I think I'm on my third set of free replacement pads now.
You are correct sir. Napa has the best brake rotors in the business. They have certain part numbers for each car and the best brake rotors are usually the most expensive but they last forever. Have you ever noticed that when you do a brake job on your car they never last like the factory setup. That's because all of the aftermarket parts in the brake options are trash. If you go to a forum that's designated for your type of vehicle you can look up the information and you'll usually find the part number you need from Napa the notes the best part. Now granted you pay more for those parts but they will last forever. There is close to a factory grade part as you can get and they will rarely warp. All the track racers that ran f bodies ran the Napa rotors because they could take the heat and the abuse and still last. If you ever get to the point where you need to replace your brakes shoot me a PM and I will find the best part number from Napa. It's worth every dime you pay for them and you won't be swapping your brakes out every 2 or 3 years or sooner and having to turn your rotors. That trash you get from advanced, o'reilly's and AutoZone isn't worth the Box they come in. Get the best most expensive part number from Napa and they will last a very long time. Sometimes the best part from Napa isn't even the most expensive one. A little research on the subject and you can get a set that is close to OEM as possible.

Bad as I hated too, I had ordered a rear differential cover for my truck at Autozone because she said they'd have it in a day, two at most. Well it turned into 5 days but anyway, I said just give me the Felpro gasket to go with it, she looked at me like a deer in headlights and said "I'm sorry, I don't know what that is"

Bad as I hated too, I had ordered a rear differential cover for my truck at Autozone because she said they'd have it in a day, two at most. Well it turned into 5 days but anyway, I said just give me the Felpro gasket to go with it, she looked at me like a deer in headlights and said "I'm sorry, I don't know what that is"
Fel-Pro used to have three part numbers for the same gasket. One was cork, one was Cork and rubber and the other was pure rubber. I usually use the Cork and rubber with gasket maker AKA Permatex Silicone. I usually just use the thin layer of the permatex to make sure there were no leaks. The key to that is not tighten them down all the way until the gasket maker had a chance to cure up some. Then you can tighten them down for a leak free seal.

O'Reilly auto parts actually installed my Honda CRV's headlights for me which on one side was an extremely difficult job ---human hands didn't fit there ( at least I didn't think so).

Apparently they have somebody at the counter with little capuchin monkey hands who was able to do it.

Here's a simple trick for all you guys with older cars and like chrome parts on the engine. If you have a Chrome plated thermostat housings 75% of them don't have a flat surface on the bottom and they usually tend to leak more times than not. Take the thermostat housing off and go over to the concrete on your driveway and start rubbing that thing back and forth in opposing directions on the concrete ( cross hatch ). It evens out the surface and it also makes a rough surface that bites into the gasket. It will never leak again after that as long as the gasket holds.

O'Reilly auto parts actually installed my Honda CRV's headlights for me which on one side was an extremely difficult job ---human hands didn't fit there ( at least I didn't think so).

Apparently they have somebody at the counter with little capuchin monkey hands who was able to do it.
Capuchin monkey hands. That's because their hands loose all the fat from staying in the bathroom all day. Can you say SKINNER BACK! 🤣

Back
Top Bottom