• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Terrible customer service from O'Reillys Auto Parts

I tell you what man, I don't know if I'm just tired of crap service or I'm just getting older and less impatient. But I'm finding myself to be shooting back at the slightest bit of push back lately. I asked for white sauce on a gluten free pizza at Pizza Hut the other day and they came back and told me their system didn't allow that. I told her would you like me to come back there and put the sauce on myself? I worked at Domino's for 9 years I think I can still sling a ladle no matter what sauce is in it lol. I mean, I wasn't an ass about it but needless to say I got what I wanted.
I never do anything remotely like that where they're making my food. Ever.

I hear most of these stores are stopping the install of batteries all together, due to some new cars being painful radio codes, hard to get too etc.

Not defending their actions, but these companies ask more and more of the employees and don't want to pay. I had friends that used to work at the parts store and their pay was horrible even for "managers".

Their all about turning a profit not treating employees or customers, sadly this across the board it seems.

I hear most of these stores are stopping the install of batteries all together, due to some new cars being painful radio codes, hard to get too etc.

Not defending their actions, but these companies ask more and more of the employees and don't want to pay. I had friends that used to work at the parts store and their pay was horrible even for "managers".

Their all about turning a profit not treating employees or customers, sadly this across the board it seems.
This is true. Plus, if something goes wrong 3 days later with the car, totally unrelated to the battery, folks will raise hell at the parts store and threaten them with lawsuits

We have an O’Reillys, NAPA and an Advance Auto here locally.

I’ve only stopped at O‘R once in 4 years. There was nobody inside except two employees behind the counter talking. I walked in and started browsing up and down all the rows. Never did either acknowledge I was even there. I walked right past them on the way out of the store and they never stopped talking to each other nor made eye contact with my being there. They get paid by the hour so it made no difference to them if I bought anything

Had almost exactly the same thing happen there except there were 4 employees present. No issues. Knew what I wanted and went and got it. Then stood at the register. 3 of the 4 employees walked past. Never acknowledged my presence. No "Be right with you" or anything. Left the item laying on the counter and walked out. Sad to say I went to Wally world and bought exactly the same item significantly cheaper. Longer drive to any other parts place but I'll never darken the doors to O'Reilly's again.

Last month when it was extremely hot my battery failed. I was heading to Commerce to get something to eat before I had to be home to get my granddaughter off the bus so I was pushed for time. I knew it wasn’t that dead so I hooked up a charger and called Oriellys as it was on my way to see if they would install. Was told they do if computers say its ok. Told him it was a Jeep Wrangler. He said that’s professional installation only. Called the dealer across from them and explained my situation. They had me in and out in less than 20 minutes. Watched the guy from a distance and didn’t see him do anything special. Asked him about it when he pulled it around and he told me I could have done. My guess is it was too hot for the oriellys guy. And dang batteries are high dollar now. Looked at what I paid and it was in line with all of the parts places.

Back
Top Bottom