• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Terrible customer service from O'Reillys Auto Parts

Took a set of brake drums off my 86 Bronco into my local O’riellys . Told the guy I just wanted the ridge cut out and deglazed cause they weren’t bad at all. He told me they didn’t do drums. I said “your sign says drums and rotors”. He said he didn’t know how to mount them to the lathe cause he had never done any. I told him I’d do them myself if he’d let me and then he would know how next time. Of course that didn’t fly. Wanted to sell me a new set of Japanese s**t. No thanks. There are no real parts guys left anymore that I’m aware of.

Took a set of brake drums off my 86 Bronco into my local O’riellys . Told the guy I just wanted the ridge cut out and deglazed cause they weren’t bad at all. He told me they didn’t do drums. I said “your sign says drums and rotors”. He said he didn’t know how to mount them to the lathe cause he had never done any. I told him I’d do them myself if he’d let me and then he would know how next time. Of course that didn’t fly. Wanted to sell me a new set of Japanese s**t. No thanks. There are no real parts guys left anymore that I’m aware of.
You'd be lucky to get real Japanese drums. They're the bees knees.

Tonight my wife had the misfortune of going out to her car after a 13 hour day to a dead battery. Thank God her friend was there to jump her car. She drove straight to O’Reilly’s and left her car running while she went in. She was informed that she was 7 minutes too late for them to put it in her car because they don’t help people with dead batteries after 8 o’clock. The store is open til 9:00, but they have some sort of policy that they don’t install a battery after 8:00. Guess they don’t mind leaving a woman stranded at night. They have lost my business and I will never buy anything from them again.
I'd personally have a one-on-one conversation with that store's manager. With my wife present.

Back when I worked retail, i would have done anything needed to help out someone in trouble, especially a lady. Unless this is in some crime ridden area where they're not allowed to be out under a hood after dark, or potentially if they close alone (one employee), there's no excuse for not helping a lady out. Policy be damned. I'd have told her about the policy, but that I got off in 45 minutes and would make sure it got swapped out when I got off. Just no way, not on my watch.

I understand your situation and concern OP but the absolute last person I want under my hood (or even replacing windshield wipers) is somebody working at an autoparts store. If wife was fortunate enough to get a jump then drive straight home without turning car off.
I've gotten the late evening and/or solo employee store policy excuse when dumping used motor oil and just go about my business or to one of the other three options nearby.

I am inclined to agree with you that they could have handled it but don’t know the store situation. I think my wife would have called me and like mentioned i would have told her to buy one and come home and I’d change it.

This is 2023. I wouldnt expect (or desire) installation of any part on my car from a fast food educated ding dong. Now days you have to take matters into your own hands.

And ya while Im here, Oreillys blows goats. They butchered a set of rotors for me a couple years ago. Wouldnt stand behind their work at all. But its pretty much any parts store these days. Different sign out front, same ding dongs still lingering with the scent of fried patties.

all 3 of the auto parts places near my hood suck....and reek of stank weed. Out of the 3 though I have in the past got better CS from oreillys.
Not sure if you remember (or were around) but the napa used to be a Choice Big A auto. Those guys had grease under their nails and would absolutely go out of their way to find what you needed. Years ago of course…

Back
Top Bottom