• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

T.Rex Arms has redesigned their Sidecar appendix carry holster

Yup. The platform is an FN509C with an RMR and a TLR7-A and I used the +3 mag option so it will be on the chonkier side and it will accurately determine whether the Trex door hinge system is superior. I saw Lucas imply that having a single "axis" of movement front to back was better than having front and forward flex that the T1C holsters have (they can flex in any direction due to the shock cord) so we will see if those claims are valid. I do admit that right off the bat ; the sidecar is superior because it can be worn at 3'oclock\5'oclock if you want in addition to appendix wheras a majority of the T1C's models are appendix only.

But this doesn't matter much if your primary carry method is appendix and it is inferior in comfort and concealing to the T1C. So I will report back on all of that when it arrives.

Yup. The platform is an FN509C with an RMR and a TLR7-A and I used the +3 mag option so it will be on the chonkier side and it will accurately determine whether the Trex door hinge system is superior. I saw Lucas imply that having a single "axis" of movement front to back was better than having front and forward flex that the T1C holsters have (they can flex in any direction due to the shock cord) so we will see if those claims are valid. I do admit that right off the bat ; the sidecar is superior because it can be worn at 3'oclock\5'oclock if you want in addition to appendix wheras a majority of the T1C's models are appendix only.

But this doesn't matter much if your primary carry method is appendix and it is inferior in comfort and concealing to the T1C. So I will report back on all of that when it arrives.

So have ya got it yet? Or anyone else got one in this thread? I'm thinking about it

Still waiting on it; no tracking ordered 3 weeks ago
Still liking mine a lot, the only thing I wish he did was put a hump on the backside like phlster does. I think that goes a long way towards reducing there forward lean, especially if you wear lower rise jeans/shorts.
I really don't have a need for any other accessory holster other than the magazine. I may try to get him to make a flashlight holster for some of the more popular ones as I think that would be highly useful regardless of whether your pistol has one or not.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Still liking mine a lot, the only thing I wish he did was put a hump on the backside like phlster does. I think that goes a long way towards reducing there forward lean, especially if you wear lower rise jeans/shorts.
I really don't have a need for any other accessory holster other than the magazine. I may try to get him to make a flashlight holster for some of the more popular ones as I think that would be highly useful regardless of whether your pistol has one or not.

Like it better than your txc Ally (which also had the hump)?

Like it better than your txc Ally (which also had the hump)?
Yes I like it better than the TXC. I didn't like the cord and I didn't like the flex kit on those either. Only thing that sucks is the loss of my Colonel Blades caddy.

Back
Top Bottom