• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

T.Rex Arms has redesigned their Sidecar appendix carry holster

Deleted member 79987

Default rank 5000+ posts
Good enough for government work
79   0
Reaction score
Looks real nice, and versatile too. They are even releasing the designs as "open source" so other companies can build off of the design.

"After six years of producing thousands of Sidecar appendix-carry holsters, the design has once again been updated and improved. The Sidecar is now a holster that can support other positions of carry and can support other accessories instead of just a pistol mag."

Their claw is a serious issue. I’ve had Sidecars and just recently picked up a Raptor. The claw doesn’t grab on to anything which allows the holster to move side to side and just not stay in place. When I put my Tier 1 on, it’s locked and not moving.
TRex makes great products but their holsters have their short comings. But whose doesn’t.

Who in the history of ever would ever want to carry cuffs, TQ, or a rifle mag IWB?
Cuffs: Already pretty thin, and infinitely more comfortable and accessible OWB.
TQ: Lightweight, doesn't take up much room, and GUARANTEED to cause your naked tum tum to bleed if staged properly and carried IWB.
Rifle Mag: no, just no. If it's that kind of party, your rifle should prolly already be deployed, and at that point is hiding the mag really of consequence?

I do think the new magazine attachment system is a good idea, along with that other company (LAS?) that uses shock cord, but the rest of that stuff is just pandering tacticool snake oil.
YMMV...

Rifle Mag: no, just no. If it's that kind of party, your rifle should prolly already be deployed, and at that point is hiding the mag really of consequence?

I do think the new magazine attachment system is a good idea, along with that other company (LAS?) that uses shock cord, but the rest of that stuff is just pandering tacticool snake oil.
YMMV...
So people who carry backpack guns/split lower and upper can't use a quickly accessible mag or everyone should carry a rifle mag inside their bag with the rifle/pockets?

You know not every piece of gear is made specifically for civillians right? So thinking of everything from a strictly everyday carry use is narrow.

Who in the history of ever would ever want to carry cuffs, TQ, or a rifle mag IWB?
Cuffs: Already pretty thin, and infinitely more comfortable and accessible OWB.
TQ: Lightweight, doesn't take up much room, and GUARANTEED to cause your naked tum tum to bleed if staged properly and carried IWB.

YMMV...
That was my opinion as well. The only saving grace is that they made it open source.

The system all around isn’t for me, but I’m interested to see what knife companies might start making compatible sheaths, etc.

A real good idea (if possible) wouldve been to have the holster based around the light, and then the magazine sidecar can be replaced depending on what gun you’re running. With that said, I’m not an engineer, and I like less centralized bulk when I carry.

Dedicated holsters are my preference.

So people who carry backpack guns/split lower and upper can't use a quickly accessible mag or everyone should carry a rifle mag inside their bag with the rifle/pockets?

You know not every piece of gear is made specifically for civillians right? So thinking of everything from a strictly everyday carry use is narrow.
I can think of a handful of scenarios that you might want to carry a rifle mag IWB. I can’t personally think of any that you’d want it attached to your pistol holster in that position… but hey that’s me!

Reactions: STI
I can think of a handful of scenarios that you might want to carry a rifle mag IWB. I can’t personally think of any that you’d want it attached to your pistol holster in that position… but hey that’s me!

Thats the thing about the world. What not may be for you can be for someone else . But to act like any form of modularity or options being available is stupid seems counter intuitive.

Also before people think im shilling i personally run tier 1 and black arch holsters. I just find it weird how despite how stale the gun industry has become that people immediately jump to **** on anything new or different than established norm. It stifles creativity and development which leads to the elitist culture that has turned the majority of the general population against guns owners and we wonder why we have no allies.

Back
Top Bottom