• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

T.Rex Arms has redesigned their Sidecar appendix carry holster

Also before people think im shilling i personally run tier 1 and black arch holsters. I just find it weird how despite how stale the gun industry has become that people immediately jump to **** on anything new or different than established norm. It stifles creativity and development which leads to the elitist culture that has turned the majority of the general population against guns owners and we wonder why we have no allies.
I like good ideas, and dislike bad ones.

Like I said, making it open source was a smart move. I’m sure other people will come up with some genuinely useful additions.

So people who carry backpack guns/split lower and upper can't use a quickly accessible mag or everyone should carry a rifle mag inside their bag with the rifle/pockets?

You know not every piece of gear is made specifically for civillians right? So thinking of everything from a strictly everyday carry use is narrow.

Well, I'm a cop thinking about it as a cop. I carry all of those things daily, and never once been in a situation that I'd have been better off if they were jammed in my waistband; on duty, off duty, or special assignment.

The whole point of IWB is for everyday carry. Carrying crap inside the waistband is a compromise made so that we can be armed and still go about life. This is why you don't see soldiers, SWAT, etc kitting up with their sidearms in an IWB holster.

Also, you'd carry a rifle in a backpack, but cram the mag for it next to a concealed handgun in your pants? You'd be far better served with a small chest rig like the Haley D3CR micro in the pack as well that could be donned quickly, and provides vastly superior capabilities.

Again not dumping on anyone for attempting to innovate, as the og sidecar was a good idea.

Sent from my motorola razr (2020) using Tapatalk

Also before people think im shilling i personally run tier 1 and black arch holsters. I just find it weird how despite how stale the gun industry has become that people immediately jump to **** on anything new or different than established norm. It stifles creativity and development which leads to the elitist culture that has turned the majority of the general population against guns owners and we wonder why we have no allies.
Agreed. Couldn't have said it better.

I saw the holster nearly a year ago and thought it was a great design. Was sworn to secrecy but my own arrived a couple days ago. I like what I see so far, very comfortable and modularity is always a good thing. Now I just need to get him to make an MPX and Colonel Blades mag caddy.
f17e8d15d5da3fb5ec78c805021bb47e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

It's a door hinge... no wonder it's open source.

Sorry but I don't see the win here. There was a company that did something similar with paracord years back... That would probably work better.

I'd much rather use a Magholder for the mag and a good IWB holster for carry. Much more comfortable than that rig looks.

Sorry but I don't see the win here. There was a company that did something similar with paracord years back... That would probably work better.

I'd much rather use a Magholder for the mag and a good IWB holster for carry. Much more comfortable than that rig looks.
I've got the Paracord model. It does not work better. That's the difference between saying what you think looks like it would work vs actually buying holster after holster and testing them out.

Interestingly, the sidecar style holster has been more comfortable for me than a separate gun holster with one or two close belt clips. Stays in place better as well.

I use the Magholder because it's horizontal, lines right up with your belt. Just a single, largish-clip and you never even notice it's there.

I've got the Paracord model. It does not work better. That's the difference between saying what you think looks like it would work vs actually buying holster after holster and testing them out.

Trust me, I've bought holster after holster... got a dresser drawer full to the brim with the things. And that's after giving away a large box here a few years back.

I still would expect the paracord version to be more flexible. For example, if you wanted more space between the gun and mag holsters, you could do that with the paracord one, but with this it's a fixed separation.

As a hobbyist with a 3D printer this might be fun to work with, and if you like it for carry that's your call. I've learned to simplify things in my EDC and just stick with some basic stuff that works well.

I've got the txc Ally and it prints more than the standard trex side car. I was pondering picking up another tier1 axis elite ad I sold the one I had for a pistol I got rid of but not sure if it's worth trying this sidecar 2.0 instead. Can ya run the mag caddy a bit lower and adjust the clip accordingly? Or like their regular sidecar does the mag only have the standard height option? Also do ya find it to be more comfortable than the original sidecar? Cuz the price jumped about 40 bucks for the door hinge model. I also wish you could get matching kydex for the caddy for more finished look

Back
Top Bottom