• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Survival Group

Well then. Some interesting reading in the past 42 posts.

I think at this point we make two groups: The ones interested in dildosity, and the ones that are not.

Check your inboxes.

I'll apologize right here and now, for any offense one finds, in me taking my prepping as seriously as I take the lives of my family and myself.

If you're serious, you'd stop bsing about the ham requirements (which a few don't listen to anyway - i.e.address change etc) and would get that license.... It truly will unlock a door to your key preps that was previously shut, and in plain sight...

I'm so sick and tired of everyone thinking you have to 'bug out' in a SHTF situation...

Think about this: how well do you know your own home? Your own property? The 10sq miles around?

Now how well do you know the N GA mtns?

Learn your own layout, as you might get stuck there

If it does hit the fan, I'm loading my gun, sitting on my couch, and will watch the news with a cold beer in hand

Another thing to think about:
I am lucky enough to live in a smaller city, and my house is on roughly 3 acres of woods with a creek running through it. I know most of you probobly live in a city, but you may have an advantge over me. I have 1 neighbor I could trust (maybe), but you probably have LEO's living close by, or doctors, or anyone else with valuable knowledge or skills. Where you lack remoteness, you gain a pool of resources. In a SHTF situation, I will be forced to rely on myself, but you may not be. Before you scurry away to 'train' on some mtn 2 hours away, at least make sure you are on good terms with all you neighbors (the ones worth keeping around at least), and center your primary plan around your immediate area. If everyone runs to the mtns, your entire city might become an empty gold mine with enough ungaurded supplies to keep you living well for a LONG time.

As I said before, these are just some things to think about. I'm not saying anyone else is right or wrong, this is just what I would do, so don't get offended.

If i could possibly speak for or add to the OP's intentions on this gathering as I understand it.

Squirrel takes his particular planning serious in his own way. He openly invited others that are or may be interesting in the same thing based on the criteria that he lined out.

His direction may very well may not be for everyone. If not, then move along or create your own type of experience.

I don't see any really good reason for there to be any criticism of his attempt at his gathering. Its clear by the reply of a few that he is not alone in this.

I doubt he is planning this to be the concrete plan if SHTF situations. Its recreating some possibilities.

Honestly, he may not want 13 guys to run around his house or neighborhood and play readiness, hence taking it elsewhere, such as N Ga mountains.

And lastly, and I don't mean this to offend......but very few people here have ever REALLY been in a SHTF situation, so how does anyone know what YOU would do. Plan to go north???? Maybe the situation limits all cars immobile, maybe the atmosphere is not breathable, maybe , maybe maybe. My point is, preparedness is a well rounded generalized drill at best.

If a meteor hit Kansas City and it were large enough, nothing would matter because we would be wiped off the earth in this hemisphere...

so if you are "sick and tired" of peoples ideas of their plans...move along and make sure you don't team up with them if it gets ugly. But to open with a negative and appear to bash ones plans is about as ridiculous as bashing someones religion. Its THEIRS. They didn't steal it. Its intellectual property.
Rant over

I'm so sick and tired of everyone thinking you have to 'bug out' in a SHTF situation...

Think about this: how well do you know your own home? Your own property? The 10sq miles around?

Now how well do you know the N GA mtns?

Learn your own layout, as you might get stuck there

If it does hit the fan, I'm loading my gun, sitting on my couch, and will watch the news with a cold beer in hand

Another thing to think about:
I am lucky enough to live in a smaller city, and my house is on roughly 3 acres of woods with a creek running through it. I know most of you probobly live in a city, but you may have an advantge over me. I have 1 neighbor I could trust (maybe), but you probably have LEO's living close by, or doctors, or anyone else with valuable knowledge or skills. Where you lack remoteness, you gain a pool of resources. In a SHTF situation, I will be forced to rely on myself, but you may not be. Before you scurry away to 'train' on some mtn 2 hours away, at least make sure you are on good terms with all you neighbors (the ones worth keeping around at least), and center your primary plan around your immediate area. If everyone runs to the mtns, your entire city might become an empty gold mine with enough ungaurded supplies to keep you living well for a LONG time.

As I said before, these are just some things to think about. I'm not saying anyone else is right or wrong, this is just what I would do, so don't get offended.

For most of us this is the best choice. However if you are one of the unfortunate few living in a PUD, vinyl sided cardboard box of a home then they probably will eventually have to bug out to somewhere a bit more tenable. The key to it all is getting to know people before SHTF, so you have a place to go to. A rally point. I intend to have only a select few at my place which will be more than enough land to support my family and real friends.

Running to the mountains, national forest, etc has been said for decades by everyone and their brother. It will end in death for abot 95% of those that try it. There is only so much game and with the way people hunt in georgia and combine that with a SHTF situation, well that game will be gone in one season.

You must not only be prepared individually, but you must know your neighbors and be a part of the community you live in. It is not just enough anymore to have your own place and think realistically that you'll be able to sit there and wait it out for all eternity.

This comment is in general reference and not a slam towards anyone - just a point.

Ya'll can call me D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. and I can teach you archery and marksmanship. I'll be in mid-west Ga. where there's plenty of water, game and crops. Just sayin'.........LOL!

No offense intended to you talkstosquirrels, just thought what taco said was a little rediculous. ^^^^This was directed towards him. Prepping is SERIOUS business. I'm reading and getting ideas & info for future reference.

Last edited:
Lmfao learn to read guys. First of all I said it was just my opinion, and wasn't saying anyone was right or wrong.

Secondly I was saying that I would probably have it harder than someone in a more populated area because I generally speaking the fewer the people the fewer the skills and experience.

I was not saying it stupid to run off to the mtns, just making sure that people know it might not be the best option for the long run or even possible for them. If you stop trying to repress any idea differing from your own you would realise that what I was saying is valid and logical (if 95% of atl tries to leave then the city will almost be a ghost town).

As I said before, ITS JUST SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT
So just think about it instead of jumping all over someone with different ideas lol and remember that's there is always more than one way to skin a cat and noone here knows what can or might happen, so plan for each scenario accordingly

luckily I live on 10 acres that has a 8 acre lake adjoining it and a creek feeding it and butts up to a mountain. I could wander the deer trails on my property blindfolded and not have a problem. Knowing your surroundings well is key. a city dweller would be better off in midtown where they know all the back alley's, service streets and structures than in the mountains that they have never been to.. realistically, we all want to think we are Rambo, but we are not. All I am saying is I will always keep 4 shots set aside. I have 2 dogs and a wife.....

luckily I live on 10 acres that has a 8 acre lake adjoining it and a creek feeding it and butts up to a mountain. I could wander the deer trails on my property blindfolded and not have a problem. Knowing your surroundings well is key. a city dweller would be better off in midtown where they know all the back alley's, service streets and structures than in the mountains that they have never been to.. realistically, we all want to think we are Rambo, but we are not. All I am saying is I will always keep 4 shots set aside. I have 2 dogs and a wife.....

Like you said familiarity with your area is key. You would or maybe you wouldn't be surprised how many people don't even know the areas where they work and/or live. Not even going to touch the 4 shots comment....

wma land will work also if you have a stamp it cost 19 dollars brasilton mt outside dallas ga seems good to me has water and food there and 1 camp ground big enough for me and mine But I love the Ideal of being prepared I'm in let me know I have 2 sons to but be careful not to let cops know there may say we are a bunch of waco crazys can't stand the goverment

Well then. Some interesting reading in the past 42 posts.

I think at this point we make two groups: The ones interested in dildosity, and the ones that are not.

Check your inboxes.

I'll apologize right here and now, for any offense one finds, in me taking my prepping as seriously as I take the lives of my family and myself.
Orginization and preperation is a strong start on sucess

Back
Top Bottom