• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stopping an intruder....

If you have used a firearm in the described situation, you had better have a lawyer on speed dial. When the smell of cordite and powder is hanging in the air, that's not the time to think, "what now?" Speed dial set to SHTF on my iPhone is the cell number to my attorney.

I thought they would. Does this play into your decision making as to which gun is your go to gun in said situation? This is why my Taurus .357 8 shot revolver is my nightstand gun. I really would not miss it if they did take it. If it comes down to life or death I would care less about the gun though while protecting my family.

If this is the biggest worry you've got you've got it pretty good. Does anyone really own anything that is worth more than your or your family's life and health?

For a weapon I was keeping to protect my life, I'd keep the one I trusted the most. Not the one I could most afford to be without.

If this is the biggest worry you've got you've got it pretty good. Does anyone really own anything that is worth more than your or your family's life and health?

For a weapon I was keeping to protect my life, I'd keep the one I trusted the most. Not the one I could most afford to be without.

Amen! My priceless possessions exceed the value of any firearm.

Amen! My priceless possessions exceed the value of any firearm.

I agree with this too. I trust my .357 revolver more than anything else that I have and my wife is most comfortable with it so that's why it's by the bed and never gets locked up in the safe. I may just put my machete by the bed and let that be my first choice.....jk

No, but I do have pistols that are worth more than others.

My trust in my weapons being equal, I carry the one I am most willing to be without.

Exactly. I don't continue to own one that I don't trust. If I can't rely on it/trust it it's gone .... and as they are all 100% reliable I carry one that if it ever has to be used for protection and ends up in someone's evidence room for a year or more it won't hurt my feelings too badly.

My trust in my weapons being equal, I carry the one I am most willing to be without.

Very well put. If you have a 1200$ Kimber that runs top notch at the range, you don't want to put extreme holsterwear, scratches, and god forbid have it taken as evidence...Thats the reason I love glocks so much. I've abused them way more than anyother gun and they never acted up, and if something happens, I'm out 400+/-, while my families life is priceless and I'd like to lose the least amount in a shooting situation, I wouldn't chance my familys life on a 150$ hi point just because I don't care about it.

Friend of mine in FL, had his taken for 2 yrs. They held it as evidence throughout the trial. Once the perp was convicted he had to retain a lawyer to petition to get his gun back. needless to say there was a little bit of money involved too.

Back
Top Bottom