• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stopping an intruder....

cpw006

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
50   0
Reaction score
Just a question I have wondered about for a while. If an intruder breaks into my house and if I end up shooting him will the police confiscate the weapon I used?

Just a question I have wondered about for a while. If an intruder breaks into my house and if I end up shooting him will the police confiscate the weapon I used?

99% of the time yes, but you can have it returned to you relatively quick after ballistics etc. are completed.

"Confiscate" is a colored word. They will take it as evidence in an investigation.

I thought they would. Does this play into your decision making as to which gun is your go to gun in said situation? This is why my Taurus .357 8 shot revolver is my nightstand gun. I really would not miss it if they did take it. If it comes down to life or death I would care less about the gun though while protecting my family.

I thought they would. Does this play into your decision making as to which gun is your go to gun in said situation? This is why my Taurus .357 8 shot revolver is my nightstand gun. I really would not miss it if they did take it. If it comes down to life or death I would care less about the gun though while protecting my family.

The possibility of LE taking my self defense weapon is the reason my glock is on my hip and my smiths, kimbers, and 1911's satay in the safe. I'm not risking loosing more than $400 on a weapon I may or may not see again should I, God forbid, have to use it.

Back
Top Bottom