Buying in state from an out of state resident

snatch3838

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
Vehicle / Equipment Dealer
130   1
Reaction score
anybody in the know what the laws are on this question

for a ga resident if there is a face to face used gun deal all thing being legal on age rights to buy etc, Can a Ga resident buy from an Alabama or Florida resident legally if the out of stater comes here? Also what if we cross the border and go there?

I know I was in a store the other day and a guy from Florida was wanting to purchase a gun since he was up hunting. The lady at the store advised him she could sell him the gun but it would have to be shipped to an FFL in his home state. I think I remember the same from this summer when we were in Tennessee. As far as person to person I dont know.

Long guns can be purchased from a state that touches your home state. Handguns must be shipped to an FFL in your home state.
For a private sale? Or from a FFL? I was under the impression that all private sales had to be to a person in your home state.

anybody in the know what the laws are on this question

for a ga resident if there is a face to face used gun deal all thing being legal on age rights to buy etc, Can a Ga resident buy from an Alabama or Florida resident legally if the out of stater comes here? Also what if we cross the border and go there?

You are a Firearms Dealer and do not know the law on this ?

Just to cut to the chase, the language is such that a trade need not require the involvement of an FFL provided that both parties undertake the transfer of ownership in the state in which they both have residency.

So, the seller just visiting the buyer's state (unless he has a second residence in that state too) would be a no.

Back
Top Bottom