• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Steak poll- Outback vs. Longhorn

What do you prefer, Outback or Longhorn?

• Outback

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • Longhorn

Votes: 58 42.6%
  • Other restaurant- post it

Votes: 20 14.7%
  • Home cooked only- post recipe/ method

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • Steak Tacos!

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I’m admitting that I’m a vegetarian (you will be reported)

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
20 oz. bone in ribeye at Texas Roadhouse.

bone-in-rib-eye-20-oz.jpg

Texas Roadhouse on this side of town but damn its always crowded

Texas Roadhouse ftw. And they have awesome sides.

Yep! They have an awesome prime rib.

20180527_112231.jpg
20180527_112429.jpg

mine,all the way.
favorite cut is the London broil.
lawry's season salt and meat tenderizer.
cover steak with tenderizer and lawry's. chop lightly with a meat clever first left to right,then top to bottom.(do not chop all the way thru the meat.just about a 16th or so of an inch into it)
flip and repeat. let sit for about ten minutes and grill...
now the correct way to grill it...burn it like a democrat in the afterlife. you can cook it like a girl all rare and pink in the middle. but the you will have to pee sitting down for a week..

Rather cook at home than go to Outback or Longhorn

Salt and pepper the steak- let it sit for a while. Sear the steak on both sides to lock in the juice and flavor, sear for just a minute or two on each side depending on thickness, than turn the the flame way down and let it simmer until it’s cooked to your preference. Works for me.

I was disappointed in Stoney River.

If you want a serious good steak and willing to drop some serious coin. Chops for the win. I can afford to eat there only once every few years, but after that you can’t eat at Longhorns, Outback or any other chain. Chops is incredible. They have a Porterhouse for two that is out of this world. Expensive but worth it.

The key to a great steak is aged meat.

I am a huge fan of Ted’s Montana Grill. Not bad at all.

Somebody already said it, but Cherokee Cattle is great for the price!

Ribeye from a butcher, not a grocery store. Alton Browns cast iron skillet method, med to med rare. Salt and pepper only for seasoning. Kosher salt. Not table salt, and plenty of it. Dammit, now I’m hungry again, and I just et!

I do this also...but the house gets really smokey. So I started using the side burner on my grill outside to sear the steak, then I bring it in the house for the finish in the oven. Plus I'm on electric, so the burner outside gets way hotter than my stovetop.

Sometimes I sear my steaks this way even if I finish them on the grill.

Rathbun Steakhouse does a nice job.

I voted for Longhorn because I can feed the family a decent meal without breaking the bank. The boys love the wild west shrimp so much they order it as their main course.

Bone's is old school - man they make a great steak!

Don't care for chain store steak houses. They're for wine drinking woman and men with hair buns.

My recipe starts with the freshest cut of meat you can find. I got a local place I usually get NY strips from. Salt and pepper your meat and let it reach room temperature. Your grill should be hot enough it's unbearable to hold your hand just over the surface for more than 2 or three seconds. 2-3 minutes a side depending on thickness. One flip, anything more than that is gay sex.

The "let it reach room temperature" before cooking is the best advice. Gives you a juicy and tender steak after resting. Cooking a cold steak makes it tougher.

Back
Top Bottom