• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Steak poll- Outback vs. Longhorn

What do you prefer, Outback or Longhorn?

• Outback

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • Longhorn

Votes: 58 42.6%
  • Other restaurant- post it

Votes: 20 14.7%
  • Home cooked only- post recipe/ method

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • Steak Tacos!

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I’m admitting that I’m a vegetarian (you will be reported)

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
1.5-2 lb bone-in ribeye. Let stand till room temp, then pummel lightly with fists on counter. Rinse & pat dry, then rub with EV olive oil, followed by fresh-chopped rosemary/minced garlic/salt & pepper. Quick-sear each side over high, then grill med-low for about 4 min/side (whatever gets you to rare). Top sparingly with crumbled gorgonzola, serve with:

-loaded baked potato
-grilled asparagus (tossed in olive oil/garlic)
-cab sav, rye Manhattan, and/or guinness

Edited to add: keep forgetting little details...

My personal fav is the beef hanger steak at the National in Athens, with Ruth's Chris a close second, but of the 2 you listed...
Outback has a better seasoning regimen and truer cooking temps (rare is rare, medium is medium, etc) BUT Longhorn consistently has better cuts with far better marbling.

Light Green Egg- Raise temp to 600+degrees
Take 2lb bone in ribeye or standard ribeye to room temperature
Using paper towels- remove all moisture from meat as this will "boil" the outside layer
Apply light olive oil (Extra virgin, not blended)
Kosher salt and hand cracked black pepper to both sides
When green egg has "soaked/ maintained" at temp for 10minutes or more- Burp grill

Add steaks, 3minutes- flip Close top and bottom air vents 3minutes

Remove steak and let it rest- Enjoy!

Dingo Dingo needs to know.....

If you do it your way,
Your recipe is required.
Sharing is caring.......

I like my steak rare to medium. So for a one inch steak, oil and season it, sear it on a very hot grill for no more than three minutes turn over for one and a half minutes. Cover with tin foil in a warm place near fire and rest for five minutes. Now I usually don’t have something with it but if I do it’s either horseradish cream or hot English mustard.

030.jpg

Back
Top Bottom