• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Steak poll- Outback vs. Longhorn

What do you prefer, Outback or Longhorn?

• Outback

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • Longhorn

Votes: 58 42.6%
  • Other restaurant- post it

Votes: 20 14.7%
  • Home cooked only- post recipe/ method

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • Steak Tacos!

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I’m admitting that I’m a vegetarian (you will be reported)

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
I do this also...but the house gets really smokey. So I started using the side burner on my grill outside to sear the steak, then I bring it in the house for the finish in the oven. Plus I'm on electric, so the burner outside gets way hotter than my stovetop.

Sometimes I sear my steaks this way even if I finish them on the grill.
I do this with a thick steak. Sear, then finish in the oven with a meat thermometer set at 130....then rest for 10 mins. Set a small fan on the counter aimed at a open door. Return skillet to stove, throw in mushrooms and onions, cook in drippings then sprinkle with flour and de glaze with a little beef broth, pour over steak, drop the mic....

Outback actually makes most of the items in house... imported meat, cheese, deserts eat...

I remember working at Outback a long time ago and the steaks were purple and dark colored... they were actually aged beef.

This WAS a long time ago and they flat pan seared and did open flame upon request.

Outback does bend the rules where you can custom order as well...

I still prefer mine coated in kosher salt/ fresh cracked black pepper on high temp seared in butter on a cast iron skillet then finished off in the oven for about 3-5 min depending on thickness.

Between Rare and Med Rare with scalloped potatoes and a bunch of fresh lemon grilled asparagus

I have 5 Nam Brothers coming to my place this weekend...I have been on the hunt for monster Porterhouse steaks for the event...Have several possibilities, I am checking out. Sometimes thing just need to be epic and memorable. It is a tradition and a matter of pride..You only live once, live long and prosper my friends for life is way to short to waste it.

I have 5 Nam Brothers coming to my place this weekend...I have been on the hunt for monster Porterhouse steaks for the event...Have several possibilities, I am checking out. Sometimes thing just need to be epic and memorable. It is a tradition and a matter of pride..You only live once, live long and prosper my friends for life is way to short to waste it.
anigif_enhanced-32485-1433263215-2.gif

Publix can hook you up!

BEEF!!!....Its what's for dinner

Back
Top Bottom