• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Steak poll- Outback vs. Longhorn

What do you prefer, Outback or Longhorn?

• Outback

Votes: 18 13.2%
  • Longhorn

Votes: 58 42.6%
  • Other restaurant- post it

Votes: 20 14.7%
  • Home cooked only- post recipe/ method

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • Steak Tacos!

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I’m admitting that I’m a vegetarian (you will be reported)

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
Longhorn is the Walmart of steak houses. I hate them. The steaks are okay but the service is almost always marginal at best and the clientele is nasty. I'm always sitting next to a couple of 400 pounders wearing tank tops and jean shorts who smell like they left a Bass tournament in July and stopped by the tobacco outlet store on the way to Longhorn. I really hate that place now. Last time I was there, the beer tap drains were sour and you could smell it around the whole bar and the three dirty bartenders who appeared to be allergic to soap and water were lounging around and gossiping rather than cleaning one of the seven dirty empty tables in the bar area. They're about as likely to get your order correct as McDonalds....say 50/50. Haven't been back since.

I prefer to imagine Flo like this...

View attachment 1706240
iu

Regardless of what chain, it all comes down to the quality of the meat and the the skill and care of the cooks. Varies from location to location, day to day.

Can't eat steak, but Outback has one of the best pasta dishes I've ever eaten (Queensland chicken and shrimp)! Awesome flavor, better than Olive Garden which I didn't think was possible!

Don't care for chain store steak houses. They're for wine drinking woman and men with hair buns.

My recipe starts with the freshest cut of meat you can find. I got a local place I usually get NY strips from. Salt and pepper your meat and let it reach room temperature. Your grill should be hot enough it's unbearable to hold your hand just over the surface for more than 2 or three seconds. 2-3 minutes a side depending on thickness. One flip, anything more than that is gay sex.

Back
Top Bottom